• 29(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2019-12-13, 00:17)Warner306 Wrote: Maybe there is deprecated supported for those devices? In other words, maybe there is an error in the newer harmony database for those commands?

Try pressing those keys on your keyboard and see if they respond.

yes it works with my keyboards, both wired and bluetooth. it's works with my flirc too... but not with the 2 keyboard devices added!
I'm having the most godawful time with Bluetooth drivers on AMD mobos. I actually switched motherboards from an ASRock with built-in Bluetooth to a Gigabyte with an Insignia dongle.

With the ASRock, the Bluetooth would enable/disable/enable/disable. You could watch in the device manager the devices refresh on their own. There were also plenty of threads out there with people having trouble with bleutooth on that ASRock TaiChi. 

Now on the Gigabyte, everything works for ~30 minutes then the harmony cuts out. The K830 keyboard never does - if I use the K830 to disable/enable any Bluetooth entry the Harmony starts working again.

Has anyone had similar trouble with AMD/Bluetooth and resolved it?

I'm actually thinking about converting my entire setup back to Intel I've spent so many hours on this.
(2019-12-13, 00:30)batcouille Wrote:
(2019-12-13, 00:17)Warner306 Wrote: Maybe there is deprecated supported for those devices? In other words, maybe there is an error in the newer harmony database for those commands?

Try pressing those keys on your keyboard and see if they respond.

yes it works with my keyboards, both wired and bluetooth. it's works with my flirc too... but not with the 2 keyboard devices added! 

Same problem here
Did you trying contacting Harmony customer support via their forums? They are usually willing to investigate Harmony devices that aren't working correctly and make any necessary additions or adjustments.
I normally try to research something rather than be spoonfed the answer.

I am trying to find a way to setup my harmony remote to use two of the colored keys to directly access the vertical shift up and vertical shift down functions in KODI on my NVIDIA SHIELD.

I have created a keymap.xml file in the approriate keymaps folder in android but I am more confused about what the hell to put in there than anything I have ever been in my life.

To be clear I have a HARMONY HUB remote and NVIDIA SHIELD running KODI. I want to be able to program the red and green physical buttons on the remote to shift my videos vertically up or down.

Can someone please paste their .xml file here for me to copy and let me know what device I should be adding in the harmony app (keyboard?)?

I have googled the entire internet and found loads of info...I'm just way too dumb to figure it out...

Any help would be appreciated.
(2015-03-10, 21:29)dkwolf Wrote:
(2015-03-10, 20:53)Warner306 Wrote: What do you mean by custom button? Do you mean you have programmed a function in Kodi such as ActivateWindow(home) and this command is causing the computer to reboot?

By custom button i mean the "Movie" button on my remote

It was the button that MyHarmony set my action to that i setup in point 4. And it doesn't shutdown it goes into powersave mode 

New to this forum but I know what your problem is... this configuration is using RC6 remote commands, which use the same command for power on and off.  When you start the activity, in this case, pressing your movie button... the activity tries to turn ON all devices needed for this activity... if the device is already on, then it receives this as a power OFF command instead.  You can resolve this by not using the remote to power on your computer at all, in device > Windows Media Center SE (or MCE Keyboard if you are using that) > Settings > Power Settings > "I want to leave this device on all the time"  This will disable the remote from turning off your computer.

As to why it went to power save mode instead of turning off... that is probably because either your windows or BIOS settings have the computer set to sleep when the power button is pressed.
Hey guys,

i use the Harmony with Hub and Bluetooth.

Kodi is running on my Windows PC, which i use for working, surfing etc.
Kodi is running on Screen 1 and i am surfing on Screen 2. When Kodi is running and at the same time i work on screen 2, i cant command kodi with my harmony...not until I "Alt+Tab" to Kodi and Kodi is the running window.
Is it not possible to use the Harmony while Kodi is not the activated window?

Greetings
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6