Req Delete video+subs from samba/nfs (from withing kodi)
Greetings

I know i can delete a movie from my database (local/samba server, i assume from nfs server too even though i haven't try it) by enabling system->appearance->file lists->Allow file renaming and deletion .

But it only deletes movie file (e.g *.avi) but not subtitle file (e.g *.srt). Any future thoughts about kodi release that would also delete subtitles? This would be nice..
you can already via kodis file manager.
Deleting all other files together with a movie is not so easy to get right, as there are many scenarios to take into account. I'd like that feature very much myself.
(2015-03-09, 20:55)wsnipex Wrote: Deleting all other files together with a movie is not so easy to get right, as there are many scenarios to take into account. I'd like that feature very much myself.

I only see one scenario: I want to delete the movie so delete all files in the folder related to that movie -> movie.* (subs, nfos, images,...)
(2015-03-09, 22:54)Uukrul Wrote:
(2015-03-09, 20:55)wsnipex Wrote: Deleting all other files together with a movie is not so easy to get right, as there are many scenarios to take into account. I'd like that feature very much myself.

I only see one scenario: I want to delete the movie so delete all files in the folder related to that movie -> movie.* (subs, nfos, images,...)

Yeah that sounds oh so simple.

Take in account every possible scenario how users store their movies. No subfolders, dvd folders and whatever. He deletes the movie and all files will be deleted in same folder. All movies gone

So no, not so simple
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
But 90% of users have folders (eg Movie folder) where inside there are files like:

Movie1.avi (and perhaps Movie1.srt)
Movie2.mkv (and Movie2.srt)

I dont understand why this feature would be difficult to implement in next versions..(no need to delete metadata or nfo images, only srt`s/sub's)
(2015-03-09, 23:40)Haris1977 Wrote: But 90% of users have folders (eg Movie folder) where inside there are files like:

Movie1.avi (and perhaps Movie1.srt)
Movie2.mkv (and Movie2.srt)

I dont understand why this feature would be difficult to implement in next versions..(no need to delete metadata or nfo images, only srt`s/sub's)

Feel free to code it up that work in 100% of all cases
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I am a linux noob so..this is just a thought Big GrinLaugh

It would be great though..
I wouldn't be so sure that 90% of the users have their movies like that. Mine are all in a single folder, for example :)
(2015-03-10, 03:05)Ned Scott Wrote: I wouldn't be so sure that 90% of the users have their movies like that. Mine are all in a single folder, for example Smile

The structure of movies doesnt matter i beleive..Most of us we do have movies and external subs into the same folder right?

Huh
Nope,
My daughter has a few dvd folder structure and iso's
And a small collection mkv's
Don't have any avi's
My own collection are mainly Blu-ray folder structure and iso's
And all in there own folder in the main movie folder.(as detailed explained on the wiki)
My series are all mkv's,
Those are actually the only ones that have external subs.
So concluding that 90% uses your setup looks wrongly assumed.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
and even if it were 99%, it does not matter. This MUST work in 100% of all cases.
I thought this was the case, as i mentioned the "most simply" scenario..

Anyway. Just a thought thoughSmile

I thought it was easy to press context menu in every movie's fanart and then press delete Tongue (and everything with the same name before the dot -e.g srt, sub, jpg, etc - would be vanished..).

I think..there is an external addon called XBMC file cleaner which states that it can do it..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete video+subs from samba/nfs (from withing kodi)0