Raspberry Pi 2 and Windows 10
I have read that there will be a version of Windows 10 OS for the Raspberry pi 2.

I had imagined this will bring the possibility of a cheap platform to host not only Kodi but also ITUNES Store , Google play movies and Netlfix all on one device (with the exception of Kodi , all via web browser) , hopefully even at 23.976 Hz/fps.

Will 23.976 Hz/fps be theoretically feasible via a Windows 10 web browser on the Raspberry pi 2 ?
It's not going to be the Windows 10 desktop you're thinking of, it's Windows 10 for Internet of Things - it may not even have a GUI at all.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Oh , ok thanks.
Think WindowsRT, the version of Windows meant to run on ARM based systems, where you get an app store but that normal x86 apps clearly wont work.
(2015-03-09, 12:20)24pfreak Wrote: I have read that there will be a version of Windows 10 OS for the Raspberry pi 2.

I had imagined this will bring the possibility of a cheap platform to host not only Kodi but also ITUNES Store , Google play movies and Netlfix all on one device (with the exception of Kodi , all via web browser) , hopefully even at 23.976 Hz/fps.

Will 23.976 Hz/fps be theoretically feasible via a Windows 10 web browser on the Raspberry pi 2 ?

Ok , so are there any bare bones PC that will allow this ?
NUC.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Ok. I've been reading that hardware decoding of HEVC/H.265 will be supported with Skylake microarchitecture due out late this year or next year. I think I'll await the NUC that utilises that .

I have a RP2 on order as a stop gap , hopefully I'll be picking it up tomorrow.
(2015-03-09, 17:23)24pfreak Wrote:
(2015-03-09, 12:20)24pfreak Wrote: I have read that there will be a version of Windows 10 OS for the Raspberry pi 2.

Ok , so are there any bare bones PC that will allow this ?

Some of the Baytrail-T Mini PCs that are appearing do this - including running the Windows 8 Netflix app (which will give you Dolby Digital Plus audio bitstreamed over HDMI - which I don't think you get in the browser version). Things like the Pipo X7 etc. They aren't perfect - but they are pretty cost effective if you want a Windows 8.1 (With Bing) box - and some come with a year of MS Office 365 thrown in as well. They aren't going to be amazing Kodi boxes, and in some cases you might have to bodge a better heat sink, but they are an option to look at if you want a low-end Windows solution (They are effectively tablets without a screen)

Windows 10 on the Pi will be an Internet of Things OS - it may well have a UI though (discussion from Pi Foundation types at the Raspberry Pi forums seemed to say it would) but I don't think we know what form it will take yet. ARM-based Windows RT tablets haven't really been discussed with the whole Windows 10 thing - but ARM-based phones have... The Pi probably is a new category? (There is the Intel Gallileo platform as well which runs an IoT Windows - but that is pretty much like a DOS command line experience over a telnet or UART connection I think?)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 2 and Windows 100