Android Getting Errors while building dependecies - Please help Urgent
Hi,

I am new to Kodi. I am trying to learn things. So, I just tried to compile the Kodi Application for Android.
I am following the instructions given on XBMC docs .

Below are the details of my configuation:
Host System: Ubuntu 14.04

Android SDK Dir: $HOME/Downloads/android-sdk-linux
Android NDK Dir: $HOME/Downloads/android-ndk-r10d
Toolchain Dir: $HOME/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17

Android Build Tool version 21.1.2 is installed (./android update sdk -u -t build-tools-21.1.2)

Below command I used for making toolchain:
./make-standalone-toolchain.sh --ndk-dir=../../ --install-dir=$HOME/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/android-17 --platform=android-17 --toolchain=arm-linux-androideabi-4.8 --system=linux-x86_64 --arch=arm

Below commands I used for building dependencies:
cd $HOME/Downloads/kodi-android/tools/depends
./bootstrap
./configure --with-tarballs=$HOME/Downloads/xbmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=$HOME/Downloads/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=$HOME/Downloads/android-ndk-r10d --with-toolchain=$HOME/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17 --prefix=$HOME/Downloads/xbmc-depends

Now I am getting Error:
Unknown toolchain /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git. If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
[email protected] mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solve the problem.
make: *** [arm-linux-androideabi-android-14] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/kunal/Downloads/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/ffmpeg'

Below is what I found in config.log:
configure:5617: WARNING: "No localeconv support in toolchain. Using replacement."
configure:5622: checking for main in -lcrystax
configure:5641: /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc -o conftest conftest.c -lcrystax >&5
/home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: cannot find -lcrystax
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Request you to help me ASAP. I have already wasted 4 days for such issues.
I tried to check if there is any option to attach config.log, but I could not find any.

Thanks in advance.
--install-dir=$HOME/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/android-17 <- typo while creating the toolchain - double android-17 - either adapt your configure line or redo the toolchain ...

also - are you really building from our master branch or something older? (just a bit confused by the -lcrystax error - we don't use crystax anymore since 2 years or so).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for your reply.

Here is the link for Config.log
And, While creating a toolchain I used the directory "$HOME/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/android-17" , but then I moved the date to "$HOME/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/" which is pointed in configure.
(2015-03-09, 22:30)Memphiz Wrote: also - are you really building from our master branch or something older? (just a bit confused by the -lcrystax error - we don't use crystax anymore since 2 years or so).

I am building from master branch, as instructed in README document.
I tried to build the dependency for failed target again.

kunal@ubuntu:~/Downloads/kodi-android/tools/depends$ make -C target/ffmpeg
make: Entering directory `/home/kunal/Downloads/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/ffmpeg'
rm -rf arm-linux-androideabi-android-14; mkdir -p arm-linux-androideabi-android-14
cd arm-linux-androideabi-android-14; /bin/tar --strip-components=1 -xf /home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-tarballs/ffmpeg-2.6.0-Isengard-alpha.tar.gz
cd arm-linux-androideabi-android-14; sed -i".bak" -e "s%pkg_config_default=pkg-config%export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/lib/pkgconfig \&\& pkg_config_default=/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/x86_64-linux-gnu-native/bin/pkg-config%" configure
cd arm-linux-androideabi-android-14;\
CFLAGS="-DANDROID -Os -fexceptions -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -I/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/include/android-14 -isystem /home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/include" CXXFLAGS="-DANDROID -Os -fexceptions -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -frtti -g -O2 -std=gnu++11 -I/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/include/android-14 -isystem /home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/include" CPPFLAGS="-DANDROID -Os -fexceptions -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -I/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/include/android-14 -isystem /home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/include" LDFLAGS="-L/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/lib -L/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14/lib/android-14 " \
./configure --prefix=/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-14 --extra-version="kodi-2.6.0-Isengard-alpha" --cc=/home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc --cxx=/home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++ --ar=/home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ar --ranlib=/home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ranlib --disable-devices --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-ffmpeg --disable-sdl --disable-ffprobe --disable-ffserver --enable-gpl --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --enable-muxer=spdif --enable-muxer=adts --enable-muxer=asf --enable-muxer=ipod --enable-encoder=ac3 --enable-encoder=aac --enable-encoder=wmav2 --enable-protocol=http --enable-gnutls --arch=armeabi-v7a --enable-cross-compile --cpu=cortex-a9 --target-os=linux --enable-pic --disable-armv5te --disable-armv6t2
Unknown toolchain /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17

solve the problem.
make: *** [arm-linux-androideabi-android-14] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/kunal/Downloads/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/ffmpeg'

Awaiting your suggestions to resolve the problem.
Thanks.
Can anyone please help me ?
add --with-sdk=android-17 to the configure line
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
and a bit more patience would be good - we are an international forum with alot of people in a lot of different timezones...
Thank you, I will try that.
Do I need to clean the entire directory using distclean, then run a bootstrap and then build the dependency ?

I just changed the configuration with "--with-sdk=android-17" and ran "make -C target/ffmpeg". It gave me same error.

kunal@ubuntu:~/Downloads/kodi-android/tools/depends$ ./configure --with-tarballs=$HOME/Downloads/xbmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=$HOME/Downloads/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=$HOME/Downloads/android-ndk-r10d --with-toolchain=$HOME/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17 --prefix=$HOME/Downloads/xbmc-depends --with-sdk=android-17
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... arm-unknown-linux-androideabi
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-g++... no
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-c++... no
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-gpp... no
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-aCC... no
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-CC... no
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-cxx... no
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-cc++... no
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-cl.exe... no
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-FCC... no
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-KCC... no
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-RCC... no
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-xlC_r... no
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-xlC... no
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking whether g++ supports C++11 features by default... no
checking whether g++ supports C++11 features with -std=gnu++11... yes
checking for unzip... yes
checking for zip... yes
checking for curl... /usr/bin/curl
checking for tar... /bin/tar
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-ranlib... /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ranlib
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-ld... /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ld
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-ar... /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ar
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-readelf... /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-readelf
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-strip... /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-strip
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-as... /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-as
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-nm... /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-nm
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-objdump... /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-objdump
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-gcc... /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-g++... /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-gcc... /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc -E
checking for ranlib... /usr/bin/ranlib
checking for ld... /usr/bin/ld
checking for ar... /usr/bin/ar
checking for readelf... /usr/bin/readelf
checking for strip... /usr/bin/strip
checking for as... /usr/bin/as
checking for nm... /usr/bin/nm
checking for objdump... /usr/bin/objdump
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/gcc
checking for g++... /usr/bin/g++
checking for main in -lz... yes
checking for library containing iconv_open... no
configure: WARNING: "No iconv support in toolchain. Will build libiconv."
configure: WARNING: "No localeconv support in toolchain. Using replacement."
checking for main in -lcrystax... no
checking for aapt... /home/kunal/Downloads/android-sdk-linux/build-tools/21.1.2/aapt
checking for dx... /home/kunal/Downloads/android-sdk-linux/build-tools/21.1.2/dx
checking for zipalign... /home/kunal/Downloads/android-sdk-linux/build-tools/21.1.2/zipalign

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating target/config.site
config.status: creating native/config.site.native
config.status: creating Makefile.include
config.status: creating target/Toolchain.cmake
config.status: creating target/config-binaddons.site
config.status: creating target/Toolchain_binaddons.cmake
toolchain: /home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17
cpu: armeabi-v7a
host: arm-linux-androideabi
sdk-platform: android-17
'target/android-libc-replacements/locale.h' -> '/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/include/locale.h'
'target/config.site' -> '/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/share/config.site'
'target/Toolchain.cmake' -> '/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/share/Toolchain.cmake'
'native/config.site.native' -> '/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/x86_64-linux-gnu-native/share/config.site'
kunal@ubuntu:~/Downloads/kodi-android/tools/depends$ make -j20 -C target/ffmpegmake: Entering directory `/home/kunal/Downloads/kodi-android/tools/depends/target/ffmpeg'
rm -rf arm-linux-androideabi-android-17; mkdir -p arm-linux-androideabi-android-17
cd arm-linux-androideabi-android-17; /bin/tar --strip-components=1 -xf /home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-tarballs/ffmpeg-2.6.0-Isengard-alpha.tar.gz
cd arm-linux-androideabi-android-17; sed -i".bak" -e "s%pkg_config_default=pkg-config%export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/lib/pkgconfig \&\& pkg_config_default=/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/x86_64-linux-gnu-native/bin/pkg-config%" configure
cd arm-linux-androideabi-android-17;\
CFLAGS="-DANDROID -Os -fexceptions -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -I/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/include/android-17 -isystem /home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/include" CXXFLAGS="-DANDROID -Os -fexceptions -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -frtti -g -O2 -std=gnu++11 -I/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/include/android-17 -isystem /home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/include" CPPFLAGS="-DANDROID -Os -fexceptions -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -I/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/include/android-17 -isystem /home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/include" LDFLAGS="-L/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/lib -L/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/lib/android-17 " \
./configure --prefix=/home/kunal/Downloads/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17 --extra-version="kodi-2.6.0-Isengard-alpha" --cc=/home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc --cxx=/home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++ --ar=/home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ar --ranlib=/home/kunal/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ranlib --disable-devices --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-ffmpeg --disable-sdl --disable-ffprobe --disable-ffserver --enable-gpl --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --enable-muxer=spdif --enable-muxer=adts --enable-muxer=asf --enable-muxer=ipod --enable-encoder=ac3 --enable-encoder=aac --enable-encoder=wmav2 --enable-protocol=http --enable-gnutls --arch=armeabi-v7a --enable-cross-compile --cpu=cortex-a9 --target-os=linux --enable-pic --disable-armv5te --disable-armv6t2

solve the problem.
make: *** [arm-linux-androideabi-android-17] Error 1

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

--
Thanks
git clean -xfd and start from scratch with

cd tools/depends
./bootstrap
./configure --with-tarballs=$HOME/Downloads/xbmc-tarballs --host=arm-linux-androideabi --with-sdk-path=$HOME/Downloads/android-sdk-linux --with-ndk=$HOME/Downloads/android-ndk-r10d --with-toolchain=$HOME/Downloads/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-17 --prefix=$HOME/Downloads/xbmc-depends --with-sdk=android-17
make
Thanks, It worked.
I got the same error. I can not success to build the dependency.
Please help me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting Errors while building dependecies - Please help Urgent0