Release ARD Mediathek (German public TV)
This is a new add-on for the ARD Mediathek (http://ardmediathek.de/). It contains past shows from a lot of TV channels.

Note that I'm not a fan of the ARD Mediathek. It often lags behind in terms of past TV shows. The collection isn't complete for most of the channels. If you want to get the best and recent results, please use the different Mediatheken instead. I highly reccomend the Unithek, which merges 18 channels under one interface.
Hello Membrane

Thank you for releasing a new bugfixed version of the addon ARD Mediathek.

> Livestreams can be enabled in the options, but this function is depricated and will be removed soon

Where did you get the information about the Livestreams ... function is depricated ... ?
What does it mean for the future?
(2015-05-06, 13:23)leo65 Wrote: Where did you get the information about the Livestreams ... function is depricated ... ?
What does it mean for the future?

Well, I don't know how long the livestreams will work. I have to maintain code just for the livestreams.

It is also a design choice. I want to keep the interface light and not overloaded. Video add-ons should only provide access to videos and non permanent livestreams. Television on the other hand, has its own dedicated "mode" since Gotham (with proper channel switching, EPG and so on). This is a far better solution than this add-on.
Hello membrane,

thanks for your great work!

I am using Yatse to communicate between my Android phone and Kodi. With the "share" function it is possible to share videos from within an app to play on Kodi. This is working with youtube and some other apps (you can click on the share button in an app on your phone and select yatse - and the video is streaming within Kodi), and it would be amazing to have this possibility also for the ARD Mediathek app.

For that I would need to know how the url or command that is sent to your add-on should look like, so it can play the stream. Then this could be implemented in Yatse.

Thanks!
(2015-11-30, 21:57)Flo3 Wrote: Hello membrane,

thanks for your great work!

I am using Yatse to communicate between my Android phone and Kodi. With the "share" function it is possible to share videos from within an app to play on Kodi. This is working with youtube and some other apps (you can click on the share button in an app on your phone and select yatse - and the video is streaming within Kodi), and it would be amazing to have this possibility also for the ARD Mediathek app.

For that I would need to know how the url or command that is sent to your add-on should look like, so it can play the stream. Then this could be implemented in Yatse.

Thanks!
Still interested? I'm rewriting the code so it is easier to maintain and update. All major functions will be managed in a seperate script (including playback). It will be possible to call an url like "plugin://script.module.ardlib/?play=*URL*" in the future. This is also planned for Arte and ZDF.
Yes, I am still interested! Sounds great, let me know after you implemented the playback function! Big Grin
Hi membrane,

Thanks for your great work from me, too. I realize that some channels started listing live streams in the RSS feed. Those entries follow a different URL scheme (kanal= instead of documentId=) and thus break the rssParser.

May I suggest a simple diff (base is 4.0.0 release version of default.py) to fix the issue (well actually just to ignore offending entries...)?
Code:
183,191c183
<               if 'documentId=' in link:
<                       documentId = link.split('documentId=')[1]
< #             Livestreams listed in RSS, just ignore atm
< #             elif 'kanal=' in link:
< #                     documentId = link.split('kanal=')[1]
<               else:
<                       xbmc.log('Could not find documentId for %s' % link, xbmc.LOGNOTICE)
<                       continue
<
---
>               documentId = link.split('documentId=')[1]
362,366c354
<               if 'documentId=' in url:
<                       videoID = url.split('documentId=')[1]
< #             Livestreams won't work out of the box, so keep it commented out
< #             if 'kanal=' in url:
< #                     videoID = url.split('kanal=')[1]
---
>               videoID = url.split('documentId=')[1]

Cheers,
Sebastian
Hi membrane!
Thanks for your great work! I do appreciate that since long ago.

Now one thing. Long time ago the ARD Mediathek Addon had a "Favorites"-function to collect a personalised list of interesting shows. The ZDF Mediathek still has it, as it was in the ARD Mediathek too. That function got lost during Addon updates quite some versions ago, but I still miss it. Was this intentional, is there a reason for this missing? I would really really love to have this button back!
Thanks!
Hey membrane!
Thanks for your great work, until now it has worked like a charm!

But since yesterday i cannot watch anything anymore.
Plugin -> Sendungen A-Z -> [ANY LETTER] -> [ANY SHOW] -> "ARD MEDIATHEK FEHLER"

Keep up the good work!
same here most of the streams are broken. btw do you plan to move your sources to github?
Here is a quick-and-dirty patch that fixes things up for me. Should be fine till an official update from 4.0.0 is available.

The patch must be applied to .kodi/addons/plugin.video.ardmediathek_de/default.py.
Due to cut and paste in this forum, you might have to do it manually to get the indent right (all tabs). Python is picky about that.

Code:
--- default.py_orig    2016-02-27 11:41:53.803923244 +0100
+++ default.py    2016-02-27 16:45:20.381899401 +0100
@@ -180,6 +180,7 @@
        else:
            plot = infos[1].replace('\n','')+'\n\n'+infos[2]
        link = re.compile('<link>(.+?)</link>', re.DOTALL).findall(item)[0]
+        link = link.replace('&amp;', '&')
        documentId = link.split('documentId=')[1]
        if '&' in documentId:
            documentId = documentId.split('&')[0]
@@ -193,8 +194,11 @@

def runtimeToInt(runtime):
    t = runtime.replace('Min','').replace('min','').replace('.','').replace(' ','')
-    HHMM = t.split(':')
-    return int(HHMM[0])*60 + int(HHMM[1])
+    if ':' in t:
+        HHMM = t.split(':')
+        return int(HHMM[0])*60 + int(HHMM[1])
+    else:
+        return int(t)

def checkLive(date):
    date = date.replace(' '+date.split(' ')[-1],'')#python 2.7 doesnt support %z
(2016-02-27, 17:50)f69m Wrote: Here is a quick-and-dirty patch that fixes things up for me. Should be fine till an official update from 4.0.0 is available

Doesn't work for me unfortunaly Sad
Could you please upload your default.py? That would be great!
(2016-02-20, 00:25)Buster21 Wrote: Long time ago the ARD Mediathek Addon had a "Favorites"-function to collect a personalised list of interesting shows. The ZDF Mediathek still has it, as it was in the ARD Mediathek too. That function got lost during Addon updates quite some versions ago, but I still miss it. Was this intentional, is there a reason for this missing? I would really really love to have this button back!
The add-on had some major code changes, so I had to disable it for now. This feature will return in the future, but only after the complete rewrite of the ARD/Arte/ZDF add-ons.

(2016-02-26, 23:24)xhaggi Wrote: same here most of the streams are broken. btw do you plan to move your sources to github?
I will upload every add-on if there is an update.

For the rest of you: I will update the add-on as soon as I can.

I was pretty busy in the last two months, rewriting the code for the ARD/ZDF add-ons. The result will be a streamlined, unified add-on ("Unithek"), which will combine every vod platform of the german public tv. It won't have every feature of the other add-ons, but it will share the same code base - the old fashioned add-ons will still be available in the future. Furthermore, other add-ons can take advantage of the external libs. You can try it out if you download the beta from my repo, but I think the last change of the ARD Mediathek broke it (can't check right now).
(2016-02-27, 17:50)f69m Wrote: Here is a quick-and-dirty patch that fixes things up for me. Should be fine till an official update from 4.0.0 is available.

Code:
--- default.py_orig    2016-02-27 11:41:53.803923244 +0100
+++ default.py    2016-02-27 16:45:20.381899401 +0100

Thank you. Your patch fixes the problem for me.
Thanks for the patch, f69m.

(2016-02-27, 19:12)Lenn Wrote:
(2016-02-27, 17:50)f69m Wrote: Here is a quick-and-dirty patch that fixes things up for me. Should be fine till an official update from 4.0.0 is available

Doesn't work for me unfortunaly Sad
Could you please upload your default.py? That would be great!

Because of the tabs the patch didn't apply cleanly anyway. I uploaded my patched local version to https://github.com/AlD/plugin.video.ardmediathek_de.
default.py: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AlD/pl...default.py
f69m's patch: https://github.com/AlD/plugin.video.ardm...31d1.patch

(2016-02-28, 01:40)membrane Wrote:
(2016-02-26, 23:24)xhaggi Wrote: same here most of the streams are broken. btw do you plan to move your sources to github?
I will upload every add-on if there is an update.

That would be much appreciated, even in an unfinished state.
I could see myself contribute more to the kodi/plugin ecosystems, but this scattered, unorganized development with a forum as the only common ground makes it really hard to deal with. A maintained github repo would make it much easier and more likely to contribute for me. No offense, just a suggestion. I greatly appreciate all the work that is being done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARD Mediathek (German public TV)0