modify how the favourites are listed
Rainbow 
Trying to find the location of the watched icons (if thats what they are). I wish to replace the watched icon with the simple checkmark from Confluence. While I really like these new icons on a HD TV they look about the same to my old eyes on a standard TV and are difficult to read.
I was also wondering if I could get some assistance (nudge here or there) with modify how the favourites are listed. The fonts (even the large ones) are too small for me. Instead of hacking the font files I was wondering if I could cut and paste some code that would allow each favourite in the list when selected to also be listed on the top of the screen in the large blue font as is done in folder/file view, which is perfection for that view.

Im using this skin on a newely upgraded crystalbuntu appletv1 install (finally installed the video card and 8gb ssd after a year of looking at it in a box). Gotham is a real change from what I had before and I dont really like any of the skins until this one. This one is a dream. Thanks Mudislander!

Thanks in advance!

TY

UPDATE *** Fidiling with textures now. Looks pretty simple to replace or edit .png and repack textures. Changed subject to reflect.
Success! With this part.
When I get the chance, I'll look into the code for you - but there are problems with your idea as the "favourites" window slides out and over a portion of the screen also they show on the home screen which does not have space reserved at the top as all the media views do.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Thanks!

I didnt think of the window sliding out and getting in the way. Hmmmm. Would be cool but since YOU think it may be bothersome for me to figure out (and I can only agree with you)...

Is there an easy way of just making the fonts used in that list larger? They seem a bit...smudgy...compared to all the others.

Then again media info is a bit small. Is there a list available of which fonts are used for what? I know I can change the Font.xml but with out knowing whats used where it will be messy. I guess I could go through all the xmls in the font folder and try and figure it out.
The favourites is the file "DialogFavourites.xml" You could easily open it up and adjust the font sizes in it. should only be 2 or 3 places.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I globally changed some fonts but that screwed the onscreen media info thingy. Start time and end time was to big. Some other small things. So I went in and defined some of my own fonts (copy pasted and renamed) then put those newer variables in the places that looked bad. Works great.

Thanks a lot Mudislander! This was a bit of fun and I learned a bit screwing about. I even installed xbmc on one of my windows machines just to play with Hybrid Smile Much easier then on my appletv1. So watch out, in 10 years or so you may have some skinning competition Wink
The more the merrier Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
modify how the favourites are listed1