Remote Control Does Not Work
I upgraded from 13.2 to 14.1 and my remotes stopped working. One is the little white Apple remote, the other is a Harmony universal remote. Neither works at all with 14.1, not a single button. Also tried downloading 15.1. Still not working. The remotes work for other apps, just not Kodi. I don't know where to start. Please help.

Mac Mini, Late 2009, OS X 10.10.2
On a related subject, Kodi 14.1is not seeing any of the movies I have on an external HD. The Movies folder in my main HD has aliases to folders on that drive, which was how I got 13.2 and below to see them. This worked fine with 13.2 and below but not with 14.1 or 15.1.

I guess I will go back to 13.2 for the time being, which still seems to work other than the remote is now broken in it too. So I still have the question about how to fix that.
if it helps plug in a wireless mouse until the remote issue is figured out
what are your settings in settings-system-input? most likely it is enough to toggle the remote settings once after migrating from xbmc to kodi and restart the mac afterwards
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I was hoping it would be that easy but, unfortunately, it didn't work. I also deleted everything I could find related to the newer versions and reinstalled 13.2. That didn't work either.
thats odd - have a look into the systemlogs of osx you should see something about XBMCHelper
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-03-10, 20:23)Badunit Wrote: I upgraded from 13.2 to 14.1 and my remotes stopped working. One is the little white Apple remote, the other is a Harmony universal remote. Neither works at all with 14.1, not a single button. Also tried downloading 15.1. Still not working. The remotes work for other apps, just not Kodi. I don't know where to start. Please help.

Mac Mini, Late 2009, OS X 10.10.2

Did you try candleair ? https://www.iospirit.com/labs/candelair/ It fixed my remote problems since day one. I had to reinstall with osx 10.10 and activate the harmony again in kodi
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Thank you. It appears something got messed up with Candelair. I re-downloaded and reinstalled it and my remote works now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Control Does Not Work0