RPi2 Only stereo in streaming movies, But 5.1 from NAS
I have a question where am searching over the last couple of weeks.

I have recently bought an RPi2, running
OpenELEC 5.0.5
Kodi 14.2
Genesis / Lambda 4.0.1

With an aditional Hifiberry digi board (enabled in the config.txt)

When i play a movie (iso or mkv) from my NAS Kodi, plays it well.
i have the provided subtitles to choose from, and i am able to select the available audio streams (5.1, in different language's)

But when i play an movie (streaming from web), ie. Dark Knight Rises from the genesis addon.
i only have 1 audio stream available (stereo) and no subtitle's. The lack of subtitles i can live with, there are alternative's for that.
But i do would like to have 5.1 surround sound.from my NAS.

The strange thing is, that my laptop is having more or less the same thing. (5.1 from NAS streams, and 2.0 from internet streams.

When you check the audio settings, kodi reports in sound channel: Undetermined - Stereo 1/1

Something tells mee it has something to do either with:
  • The movie streams provided, are only stereo
  • Genesis addon, because when using kodi and the NAS (no genesis) it knows different audio channels.

disabling the OMXplayer did not resort in a working solution, it even stopped showing video and audio.

My question would be:
When you stream movieś from internet / genesis, do you have a surround stream available. (that would sort #1 from the list)
and what might i have forgotten or doiing wrong?
No support for piracy addons - this thread is going to be binned.
Pirate streams are typically crappy quality (to keep the bitrate down) and there is only low quality audio.
No setting is going to magically create 5.1 audio when there is only stereo audio in the file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi2 Only stereo in streaming movies, But 5.1 from NAS0