quick zapping
Hi - I am used to the enigma2 interface on my stb and therefore currently for me zapping is really a drama using live tv, same counts for organising and grouping channels.
Hopefully it is just a matter of modifying some xml files to achieve the same thing to what I am used to, but I have no clue and therefore seeking your help.

The idea is to set up 10 different groups, eg film, sports, news, etc.
One click on the remote ( up or down arrow ) will show me all channels in current group.
Clicking on "blue button" will show all groups ( favourites ) created and that way you can quickly navigate ( using up and down arrows ) through the groups created and select a channel by pressing OK. The other arrows ( left and right ), change to the next ( right) or previous ( left ) channel in a group
Can similar approach be configured for live tv ?

Also is there a tool to organise the channels easily in kodi, for enigma2 stbs similar tool would be dreamboxedit

Appreciate your help as I think this can be done, but since I am little impatient looking for help from you guys. -TiA! -
Some backends are better at zapping than others, plus it depends on the tuners you use. tvheadend and vdr should be the fastest. Both support channel groups, then it's just a matter of getting used to the interface and possible remapping some of your buttons to do what you want.
Indeed my server is running tvheadend with a Digital Devices CineS2 card ( both dvbs2 and dvbc tuners ). Kodi is installed on an Rpi (raspbian).
In tvheadend you can assign channels to multiple groups ( tags ), however you can just assign one group to a user.
Now there comes the need for a tool to quickly organise things on the client side instead of creating groups manually.
Remapping buttons is something I am looking in to, thanks for response!
You don't need to assign a group to a user, all that does is restricts that user to the channels in that group. Group management in the tvheadend interface could indeed be better, there are some fairly easy things that could be added that would improve the experience greatly, it's just that no one has gotten around to doing anything about it (yet).
Indeed I overlooked the " enabled tags " in tvheadend. Now on kodi, it would be great if you can organise channels in groups manually shifting channels up or down instead of taking them all out and put them one by one in. In theory I should be able to do this also on the server side ( tvheadend ) but maybe there is a tool for kodi to organise the channels in groups easily?
Since Kodi 15.2 things start to head in proper direction, at this time of writing I am running OpenELEC6 on an RPi2 ...

Still I am used to the enigma2 interface on my stb and therefore currently for me zapping is still not what I am used to, though things do go in a proper direction as organising and grouping channels with the backend have been sorted!

Unfortunately the default Confluence skin still does not allow to show all bouquets ( groups ) at once. Instead you need to press "<red>-button " and from there you can either switch between channels in current bouquet ( eg film ) or when in All Channels you can browse through all channels, this is the so called " <red>ActivateWindow(TVChannels)</red> " keymap.
It would be more user friendly if the " Playlist " would come up and you actually see the bouquets created instantly on the screen, except for pressing " > " twice on your remote to get to the next bouquet ( group ). When you see all bouquets created it allows you to zap quickly through the channels.
Furthermore it would be great you do not get locked in a bouquet, so eg " CineMax1 " is channel 71 and " TVR1 " is channel 1. At all times it should be possible to change to a specific channel. As I can see now once you enter up in a bouquet, eg " film " you cannot zap instantly to " 1 ", only to these channels in that specific bouquet ( eg 70-75) .

Final request would be to have the option available to tune the " channel information "-bar, so the left side won't show a large " film " logo ( or picon ) by default, instead I like to have it plain so the bar has more room to show " channel information " for the seconds specified ...

As it is now I need to click " RED-button " to get to the " Live TV " section, from there :
- Select a channel ( lets say CineMax1 )
- press " OK "
- select " TV-screen " ( which is function Playlist ) to see the bouquets
- press twice " > " or once " < " to browse through the bouquets available from the backend
- select a channel ( eg TVR1 ) and press " OK " once you got to " TV channels - All Channels " section

Once you are in All Channels indeed you can zap to 1 and 71 directly ....

Yet I am not certain this is just a skin limitation, it might also to do with the PVR plugin or combo

Appreciate your help as I believe this can be done fixing some XML-files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
quick zapping0