ACCEPTED: NVIDIA GameStream
RetroPlayer without streaming has been merged. It initially had GameStream support, but that was removed. I figured it's a good time to fix that by adding multiplayer.
(2017-01-16, 21:49)garbear Wrote: My new design includes multiplayer. Because this requires not just decoding video, but encoding it and sending it to another peer, when it's done we basically get GameStream for free. I've already written a thousand lines of code for the new version, but it's at least several months away because multiplayer is such a big project

I'm not sure if I'm just too dense to see this, but are you talking about NVIDIA GameStream integration where you tap into your nvidia powered gaming box and send inputs but receive re-encoded game video on the fly with as low as 3-5 ms latency between inputs across a home network? Moonlight has a lot of existing structure built to tap into this, even within chrome http://moonlight-stream.com/

I get the idea you may be referring to something else, but I'm not sure. With gamestream, for instance, I don't have Kodi installed on my game server. Would that need to change for this method to work?
We use moonlight under the hood. Kodi becomes just another GameStream client, the server doesn't need to know about Kodi.
(2017-01-20, 02:13)garbear Wrote: We use moonlight under the hood. Kodi becomes just another GameStream client, the server doesn't need to know about Kodi.

Can I wedge in here for a second, is this still working on the 17beta7 branch? I am trying to find infos regarding moonlight but the feature seems not very well documented, or I'm just looking in the wrong places.
(2017-01-26, 20:16)ursli Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 02:13)garbear Wrote: We use moonlight under the hood. Kodi becomes just another GameStream client, the server doesn't need to know about Kodi.

Can I wedge in here for a second, is this still working on the 17beta7 branch? I am trying to find infos regarding moonlight but the feature seems not very well documented, or I'm just looking in the wrong places.

I don't think GameStream works in the v17 builds currently.

GameStream support was also removed from v18 because it used some private VideoPlayer APIs. I've started rewriting RetroPlayer to achieve a better architecture and to use only public VideoPlayer APIs. I probably won't backport the new RetroPlayer to my v17 builds because it's such a drastic change.

GameStream in v18 is at least several months away due to the scope of the new architecture. Sorry to break the bad news!
Thanks for the confirmation, was just curious if it's worth delving into this, I can wait. Smile
How can i compile it for iOS?
(2017-01-26, 21:42)garbear Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 20:16)ursli Wrote:

I don't think GameStream works in the v17 builds currently.

GameStream support was also removed from v18 because it used some private VideoPlayer APIs. I've started rewriting RetroPlayer to achieve a better architecture and to use only public VideoPlayer APIs. I probably won't backport the new RetroPlayer to my v17 builds because it's such a drastic change.

GameStream in v18 is at least several months away due to the scope of the new architecture. Sorry to break the bad news! 
 Was progress ever made on moonlight and later builds of kodi?

Thank you
RetroPlayer was rewritten (again) for GSoC 2017. It doesn't contain any h264 decoding code, but it shouldn't be too hard to add to the new architecture.
(2018-03-22, 23:11)garbear Wrote: RetroPlayer was rewritten (again) for GSoC 2017. It doesn't contain any h264 decoding code, but it shouldn't be too hard to add to the new architecture.
 If you would look into it I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it Smile
I would definitely appreciate it Smile
Is this still on the cards? Would love to see this!
(2017-01-26, 21:42)garbear Wrote: GameStream support was also removed from v18 because it used some private VideoPlayer APIs. I've started rewriting RetroPlayer to achieve a better architecture and to use only public VideoPlayer APIs. I probably won't backport the new RetroPlayer to my v17 builds because it's such a drastic change.

What's the latest on gamestream? Any chance we see it integrated into retroplayer in v19?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2019-04-08, 02:36)steve1977 Wrote: What's the latest on gamestream? Any chance we see it integrated into retroplayer in v19? 

In the last two years I rewrote RetroPlayer (for what, the third time now?) to be completely self-contained and separate from VideoPlayer. The new architecture is similar to VP but simplified, so it wouldn't be too drastic to extend it to handle real-time video. Not a project that can be hammered out in a weekend, however, so it'll be some before before we see this feature hit Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ACCEPTED: NVIDIA GameStream2