boot errors
hope someone can shed a bit of light on this

i have raspberry pi 2 and a cubox i2ex
both on openelec 5.0.5

fresh installs on new micro sd class 10 cards. one lexar 16gb 300x and one adata 16gb 300x. no usb. no overclocking

after configuring kodi, adding my library sources, adjusting skin, etc.. all works great, after a day or two of use i suddenly get the
"can't access tty job control turned off" error at boot

this happens if either device hangs and i have to unplug the power supply, or trying to reboot or shutdown and the system just hangs.

the cmdline.txt on the raspberry pi is as follows : boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet

the uEnv.txt on the cubox as follows: zImage=/KERNEL
bootfile=/KERNEL
mmcargs=setenv bootargs 'boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 dmfc=3 consoleblank=0'

i've had this happen many times before. i understand that i can just reformat the sd cards and start over.
i'd like to know if i can do something to prevent his from happening, can i add a code to my config.txt that would help.

i don't think the cubox has ever shutdown properly... it will reboot, but complete shutdown always makes it hang.
the raspberry pi seems to reboot properly but it often hangs when doing a shutdown.
problem is that they do crash and improper shutdowns are inevitable .

strange thing is that i've had systems run months on end and never have this problem, even if did have to suddenly pull the plug

thanks for reading my post
Mark
Filesystem corruption. Try other SD cards.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
boot errors0