[Solved] OE5.0.5 on RPi2: Slow loading/unloading of Pictures
Hi,
I've got my shiny new RPi2 and am looking at replacing an Intel 1037U running OE. I've loaded OE 5.0.5 on it and got it all set up properly. Viewing Pictures with the 1037U was really fast... Much less than a second to load a picture, view another picture, or go back to the thumbnails. Viewing Pictures with my RPi2 is, unfortunately, painful at the moment.

If I click a picture, it takes about 5 seconds before it is shown on the screen. If I click forward, it's another 5 seconds. If I click Back, it's another 5 seconds.

Other info:
-My pictures are stored on my server and the network is working fine. It's the same cable from the 1037u. Switching back to the 1037u and it's snappy again.
-I've tried with overclocking and without overclocking and it's the same.
-I've tried different GUI resolution limits with no difference.
-I've tried enabling/disabling higher colour depth artwork with no difference.

Here's my log:
http://sprunge.us/hfMS You can see I'm trying to open DSC_0022.JPG and getting errors.

Happy to upload a couple samples photos.

Thanks for any help,
Doug
Look like the hardware jpg decoder doesn't like the images:
Code:
ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::DecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.image_decode - OMX_ErrorStreamCorrupt, Bitstream corrupt
Can you upload a sample jpg and give me a link?
I sent a PM with a link to a couple photos.
Thanks for the fix! I tried it in last night's OE test build, but kept getting a black screen on boot. I tried disabling the boot animation but that didn't work for me. So I added your change and compiled my own OE5.0.5. It works now.
(2015-03-12, 21:00)doug Wrote: Thanks for the fix! I tried it in last night's OE test build, but kept getting a black screen on boot. I tried disabling the boot animation but that didn't work for me. So I added your change and compiled my own OE5.0.5. It works now.

Glad it's working.
Seemed to just be timing out a bit too soon and then falling back to the much slower software decode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] OE5.0.5 on RPi2: Slow loading/unloading of Pictures0