OS X Cannot play music with Apogee Symphony I/O
Sometimes it plays strange sound and all output channels have sound even if I use 2.0. At other time it just don't play, the dac's sample rate keeps blinking from 44.1 to 48 and back to 44.1
debug log (wiki) needed
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
http://xbmclogs.com/pisuh7pdq
damn i fix one card then some month later someone shows up with audio equipment with even more channels. haha . Well atm we support a max of 16 unmapped channels and 8 mapped channels. If a proper channel map is there (where 7.1 channels are mapped to proper speakers - f.e. fl,fr,br,bl,sl,sr,sw) we can emit packets of up to 24 channels (8 mapped + 16 unmapped). your card has a strange configuration.

Normally studio cards have x streams which have y channels each. In Kodi we show each stream as single audio device (with channels y). Your card presents 2 configurations. (but only one stream).
1. config is one stream with 32 channels
2. config is one stream with 64 channels.

Questions:
1. How many physical outputs does that thing have?
2. Is there any configuration utility that could limit the number of channels presented to osx/kodi (limiting to 16 would make it work)
3. Could you somehow add an aggregated device which only contains 16 channels and use that? (something to look for in osx audio-midi-setup)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
1. 6
2 and 3. I will see if I can do that. But I am sure there is no option to limit output for software specifically . Is there any way I can make kodi to support so many channels?
I'm using 32 channels device, so leave the 64 alone. Will post screencast of configuration software later. See if you can help me with that.
http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/sy...n#tab-id-1
This is my device's introduction, hope useful for u
thats funny - really wonder why it presents itself with 32 channels when it only has 6 outputs... i cook up a testbuild for you to test (eta 2hours)...
Thank you so much, kodi is so comfortable to use that I can't give it up. Hope the change be merged into next version.
First you need to try it out:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg

Its based on Helix 14.2 - please give feedback and a new debug log (wiki) (even if it works).
Hello,
I am also hightly interested by this topic.
To be more complete, the S I/O can output 64 channels (24bits / 192khz) total with 2 appliances and
the thunderbridge equipment.
I am planning to get one with 14 or 16 channels connected to power amps
to drive the speakers be to able to benefits from upcoming 3d sound format
like aura-3d, dolby atmos, dts:x.
Is there any plans to support those in kodi? Is that a limitation of the current sound libraries
in use? Last do you have any idea how to perform the room calibration?
Thank you for your help, best regards,
It works! Thank you very much. http://xbmclogs.com/pctdj9ukz
Well, the video would not play, because of no sound.
Please subscribe to this thread if possible so you get emailed once i write here again.

The approach you tested successfully will not be accepted in mainline so i need to refactor something in the osx audio sink for kodi to support an arbitrary number of channels. I don't know when i have time to work on this but due to lack of hardware i will need you to test again once i have a generic solution which will be accepted in mainline.

thx in advance

@dfx59 well as long as you map those channels to speakers in audio-midi-setup and you have content with multi channel audio - kodi will be able to put out that audio to the correct speakers ( as long as its able to decode the audio - which is not true for DTS HD for example). But its slightly offtopic here tbh. Using such "dumb" multi channel io devices doesn't doesn't really help when you need to play movies which have audio streams which can't be decoded by kodi - in that case you need a real hw decoder/avr which can do the work and use bitstreaming/passthrough instead.
Thank you for your quick answer. It's a bit of topic but let me give up additonal details.
My current pre/pro does not support bitstream over HDMI, only LPCM and will not support future 3d audio formats.
Usually the decoder/avr is the most expensive part of a Hometheater setup so the use of a PC to do the decoding job.
I am new to Kodi and did not know it was not able to decode DTS Sad references http://kodi.wiki/view/AudioEngine
show it does but maybee anything other than MacOSX?
This is why I would like to achieve a solution where I can add extra channels without having to reconsider the entire chain.
(High end equipments like Trinnov are doing the same, Linux PC to decode the audio and ads its own proprietary spacialization).
Besides usually you pay a high price top avr but only use a portion of their multi inputs/outputs and their software is barely upgradable
to support upcoming technologies (hardware and/or audio / video codecs).
DTS can be decoded DTS HD can't (by no opensource Software at all atm - because nobody reverse engineered the Format and wrote a Software Decoder for it)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot play music with Apogee Symphony I/O0