3D Projector Support ( Page Flipping ) Shutterglasses
Would it be possible to add support for shutter glasses (page flipping) in the 3D Player, Pot Player and Stereoscopic player has this in their players but I would sure like to see it in kodi.
How is this ment to work? Wouldn't kodi need to control the shutter in the glasses so this could work?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
the projector needs to send the shutter signals. Your problem most likely is that your hardware doesn't send a 3D resolution to the projector and thus it's not switching into 3D mode. There is some experimental Windows build somewhere that's making use of vendor specific driver features to trigger 3D mode on the GPU, but it's not yet part of the default Kodi distribution.
quiet sometime ago,( i mean like years ago) i was able to connect a 3ghz dual core pc with a then decent video card and use an external player with xbmc to trigger the "page flip" or "checker board" 3d effect required for DLP style 3d projectors.

i would assume, the same can still be achieved?

try to search the forums for " external player"

hope this helps,
Dam0
(2015-03-12, 15:29)Memphiz Wrote: How is this ment to work? Wouldn't kodi need to control the shutter in the glasses so this could work?
I have a dlp link projector with hdmi and a 3dxl adapter to trigger the 3d on the projector, kodi would have to support shutter glasses (page flipping) output, It could also support invidia glasses, for people who own 3d vision glasses.
(2015-03-12, 16:56)da-anda Wrote: the projector needs to send the shutter signals. Your problem most likely is that your hardware doesn't send a 3D resolution to the projector and thus it's not switching into 3D mode. There is some experimental Windows build somewhere that's making use of vendor specific driver features to trigger 3D mode on the GPU, but it's not yet part of the default Kodi distribution.
I have mine working right now using a 3dxl adapter and potplayer ,I just love kodi and would like to see this feature put in, I can watch right now with kodi on my 3d tv, but it is'nt like watching on my projector.
It would be great if KODI add support for shutter glasses (page flipping) in the 3D Player.

All works fine with Stereoscopic or Daum Potplayer player (sw):
Windwos 7x64 1280x720p 120Hz
Stereoscopic player.
(View method= Software PageFlipping ,
Special options (glasses control= DLP 3D Ready Encoding)

I have Raspberry pi 2, Openelc with KODI and 3D DLP projector.
Is possible to ADD this features in Kodi?
Thanks.

EDIT:
Possible solution (hw):
DLP 3D Converter 2HDMI 1.4 HD 120Hz Video For Ready DLP Projector,
Price= 85$
sure, everything is possible if a dev is interested in working on this AND has the according hardware for testing. Unfortunately this combination of dev and hw does not exist within the team atm, but it doesn't have to be a team dev who's implementing it - could be anyone who is sending a PR upstream in the end
We need software implementation for Raspberry pi 2 or PC.

I can confirm that Daum Potplayer-64 Bits works perfect.
Windwos 7 x64 GTX970 1280x720 (120Hz), IN3116 3D DLP projector, 3D glasses for DLP-Link Ready projector
I've been looking for a replacement for stereoscopic player. Does Potplayer allow for editing what buttons do what? I want to be able to edit the controls so they are the same as Kodi, this is the main thing that lets down Stereoscopic Player.
On Windows 8 and later you can try DirectX11 version which supports hardwarebased 3D stereo.
I hope you want to see this options.
That looks spot on, I will give it a try thanks.
would love to see that option to pageflipping will be a great addition to kodi
I've been checking in every now and then for several years now, to see if Page Flipping gets added to Kodi.

It sure would be intresting, since it allows anyone with a "3D ready" projector (all projectors below 600 dollars) to view 3D content decently.

For now I had used Stereoscopic Player and had not been aware of Potplayer, I will check it out. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Projector Support ( Page Flipping ) Shutterglasses0