Looking for a volunteer to write a 'how-to' guide for this skin
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a volunteer to write a how-to/F.A.Q./manual for the skin. A lot should be intuitive but it can be quite a change for first time users who've installed Kodi -> Added Library content -> Install Xperience1080. It's very different compared to Confluence, as nearly all skins are.

This will either be a sticky here or I'll see about getting in the Wiki. Or possibly both.

1. Requirements
- Have been using 1080XF/Xperience1080 for a minimum of four months.
- English as a primary or secondary language.
- Reasonable writing skills <- this isn't too important as content can be cleaned.
- Forum activity (I'm hoping I should recognise your username)
- Screen shots, these are certainly required
- And lastly, knowing how to use each feature of Kodi and the skin combined (or the majority)

2. Application
- Please let me know below.

3. Why is there a need?
- Over 30% of questions asked require me to copy and paste a reply, or write the same reply over and over.
- It will save me time, this means quicker skin releases, fixes and improvements.
- I think all skins should have this, regardless of how complicated it is to use.

4. What does the applicant 'get out of it'?
- A thank you from me and a credit in the sticky, main thread(s), Wiki (if applicable) and elsewhere.

That's about it, I don't expect many applications, or any, but one would be nice Smile
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I may *possibly* be able to help... I'm certainly interested anyway. I have a fair bit of experience when it comes to writing guides so I think that I could help put something together. The only issue is that my time can sometimes be a bit limited, but I'd be willing to give it a a go, time allowing. I'm going to be honest and say that I'd waited to see if anyone else replied to this in case there was someone out with more time to spare, but as no-one else has replied I'd love to help if I can as I get a LOT of use out of this skin! Smile

What sort of format are you looking for it to take? A web guide, a downloadable guide (say as a PDF or similar), or a post on the forum? (or a combination),

Let me know!
(2015-04-03, 00:22)Kazuya_UK Wrote: I may *possibly* be able to help... I'm certainly interested anyway. I have a fair bit of experience when it comes to writing guides so I think that I could help put something together. The only issue is that my time can sometimes be a bit limited, but I'd be willing to give it a a go, time allowing. I'm going to be honest and say that I'd waited to see if anyone else replied to this in case there was someone out with more time to spare, but as no-one else has replied I'd love to help if I can as I get a LOT of use out of this skin! Smile

What sort of format are you looking for it to take? A web guide, a downloadable guide (say as a PDF or similar), or a post on the forum? (or a combination),

Let me know!

Sounds great Smile

Ideally a step by step sort of thing, with pictures to show what's what. I'll see about addeding it to the Wiki and create a pdf out of the content.

Has anyone picked this up yet?
I was hoping to, but I've bdoeen so so busy lately (sorry I haven't been back!). Do you think you'd be able to do anything with this Stu? I'm still willing to help if you needed it, time allowing!!!
If Piers hasnt started it, then come the end of the week, I`ll have the free time to start writing it up. Time to give something back to this great skin.
Cheers, stuCONNERS, it would be very much appreciated. I'll make sure you pin it to the top of this sub-forum as well as get it added to the Wiki.

(2015-05-19, 03:32)Piers Wrote: Cheers, stuCONNERS, it would be very much appreciated. I'll make sure you pin it to the top of this sub-forum as well as get it added to the Wiki.

Hello Piers and thank you for this awesome skin.

Was there a "How To Guide" ever put together? My apologies if I overlooked the location of this.

TIA
Wow there is still no tutorial thread for this AWESOME skin?

I'm using this skin for about 2 years now, and i think this skin would be used by a lot more people if there was a *how to*.
Because I remember switching to this skin after using a lot of other skins: I had absolutely no idea how to set this skin and had no clue what was possible to customize and what was not. Leading in searching the forums followed by pure trial and error... now i hope i know everything about it ^^

I'd happily commit if a tutorial-thread is still wanted (and needed).
(2017-02-19, 23:17)Funky_Funked Wrote: Wow there is still no tutorial thread for this AWESOME skin?

I'm using this skin for about 2 years now, and i think this skin would be used by a lot more people if there was a *how to*.
Because I remember switching to this skin after using a lot of other skins: I had absolutely no idea how to set this skin and had no clue what was possible to customize and what was not. Leading in searching the forums followed by pure trial and error... now i hope i know everything about it ^^

I'd happily commit if a tutorial-thread is still wanted (and needed).
Are you still interested in it?
(2017-02-19, 23:17)Funky_Funked Wrote: Wow there is still no tutorial thread for this AWESOME skin? ... i think this skin would be used by a lot more people if there was a *how to*.
I was going to write an instruction manual for this skin, but I never did it yet because I do not think the skin is ready for the whole family to use until the mouse & widgets bugs are fixed.  Also, I want to use different widgets than the default choices.  But I do agree this skin is awesome: it has the best smooth animation, nice layout, easy for others to use & understand, once it has been configured correctly.  Why cant Estuary have fluid animation like this?  Sad  If all of the bugs in Xperience could be fixed, and some more custom widgets were supported, I think it should be the default Kodi skin, and everyone would love it.  I wish this skin got more attention from developers; I think it has the potential to become the most popular Kodi skin ever.
Hi, this is a first draft, there is still a lot of work needed. I only briefly covered the skin settings.
I think there is also a need for the general principles from the homepage...

Skin Settings
(Settings > Skin)

General
Display Now playing Video in Background
Shows the currently playing video in the background when you exit out of full screen playback.

Invert Spin Control
Huh?

Display Power Button
This option will display/hide the power Button in all windows except the Home menu.

Display Volume in dB
Change the volume display from numbers (0 to 100) to dB (-60dB to 0dB)

Display Date & Time
This option will display/hide the date and time shown on the bottom right of the screen

Hide Date
If the ‘Display Date & Time’ option is on, this will hide the date an only keep the time displayed

Display Weather
This option will display/hide the weather shown on the bottom right of the screen

Display profile image
This option will display/hide the Profile image located on the top left of the screen

Set Custom Overlay
This option allows the modification of the image used as overlay on the background of the windows

RSS Feed
This option allows the activation and selection of the RSS feed position on the screen (top or bottom)
The feed(s) to be displayed could be defined via the RSS add-on (http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.rss.editor/)

Home
Manage Home Categories
Allows selection of category panels to be displayed on the home screen

Manage custom Home Items
Allows management of the custom add-ons shortcut from the Home panels
These options are also available when using the ‘back’ key after highlighting one slot on the Home panels

Manage custom Home Widgets
Allows management of built-in widgets of the Home panels
These options are also available when using the ‘back’ key after highlighting one widget on the Home panels

Manage Home Tile Colors
This will change the color of the custom tiles to match the panel color (grey by default)

Display profile Image
This option will display/hide the Profile image located on the top left of the screen

Display Sub-Menu Arrow
Show/hide the up arrow displayed next to a panel name when additional options are available

Music panel opens
Allows selection of the library category to be displayed when selecting the ‘Music library’ tile

Views
Enable Fanart
Will display the selected item fanart in the background

Enable Auto Scrolling for Text
Enables automatic page scrolling in information dialogs when texts are too long to be fully shown (eg. Film synopsis)

Play Trailer on opening Movie Information
Will automatically play the trailer when opening the movie information page

Play Trailer minimized
If movie trailers are available/enabled, this option will play them in a window rather than full screen

Motion Picture Rating country
Select which rating system should be displayed on the movie page

Enable Genre colors in the TV EPG
Highlights each category with a different color in the EPG view

OSD
Enable Music Visualization
Enable the visualization in the Music OSD window

Display Artist Slideshow in Music Visualization
Display now playing artist’s images in the OSD window
Additional settings are available under the Artist Slideshow add-on (http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.artistslideshow/)

- Animate Artist Slideshow
Toggle animation of the slideshow images

Hide Clock & Weather
Display/Hide the clock and weather information located on the top right of the OSD screen

Hide Chapter Information
Display/Hide the chapter information located on the top left of the OSD screen

Automatically switch to music visualization upon play
Activates automatic opening of the Music OSD page upon play

Display path for Files and Streams
Huh

Backgrounds
Global
This option allows modification of the global background image with a fixed image, a slideshow or your own images
Settings/Movies/TV Shows/Music/Add-ons/Weather
These options allow modification of the background images for each category or use the same settings as ‘Global’

Quick Navigation
Replace Pictures with Custom Menu Item in Quick Navigation
Replace Trailer with Custom Menu Item in Quick Navigation
Replace New Movies with Custom Menu Item in Quick Navigation
Replace New TV Shows with Custom Menu Item in Quick Navigation

Advanced
Enable Kiosk Mode
The kiosk mode will disable access to all options and settings outside of the setting page

Enable Playlist at startup
Activate this option to start a playlist when Kodi starts

- Playlist:
Define the playlist to be used at startup

Reload Skin
Will reload the skin while keeping your settings

Reset Skin Settings
Will reset all the settings to their original state
WARNING: all your skin customization will be lost

Add-ons
Lyrics add-on
Enable the lyrics add-on on the Music OSD page
Requires the ‘CU LRC Lyrics’ add-on (http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.cu.lrclyrics/)

Enable TV Show Next Aired
This will show information about the next aired TV Shows in the TV guide
(http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.tv.show.next.aired/)

- Update Next Aired data on start
The TV Shows information related to the ‘TV Show Next Aired’ add-on will be updated when Kodi starts

- Configure TV Show Next Aired
Open the ‘TV Show Next Aired’ add-on specific settings

Update Art after Library Update
This option will trigger an art update after each library modification
@HediSIX

Wondering if your work would be better on a wiki page. Do you have a wiki account?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen, I have requested an account for the wiki. It's pending validation.
I agree, it will be easier and more visible for everyone to write the 'how-to' directly in the wiki  Nod
@HediSIX

Great!! I have just approved your account so you should be able to access the edit functions.

Feel free to contact me in the wiki sub-forum if you have questions or need assistance... https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=262
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a volunteer to write a 'how-to' guide for this skin0