AFTV Stick crash to menu after 20-30 minutes of playback
I'm having the same issue! After about 20 minutes using Samba, the video pauses, than either goes back to the main menu or skips to the next video in line. I can usually go back and resume from the point it cut off. The weird thing is that if I power cycle the fire stick, the issue goes away, but it will randomly come back again. I took the advice of switching to NFS and I can get past 20 minutes using NFS, but NFS seems to crash Kodi completely at around 40 minutes. This happens simultaneously on two different fire sticks. I looked around for a solution to this but I cannot find anything.
(2015-03-25, 23:02)Cataligh Wrote: I'm having the same issue! After about 20 minutes using Samba, the video pauses, than either goes back to the main menu or skips to the next video in line. I can usually go back and resume from the point it cut off. The weird thing is that if I power cycle the fire stick, the issue goes away, but it will randomly come back again. I took the advice of switching to NFS and I can get past 20 minutes using NFS, but NFS seems to crash Kodi completely at around 40 minutes. This happens simultaneously on two different fire sticks. I looked around for a solution to this but I cannot find anything.

Interesting. Have you tried SPMC instead of Kodi? And have you disabled mediacodec in the playback settings?
Happens on spmc with zeroconf. Switched to NFS, all well so far.
I've got the same issue on my Nexus Player.

Tested with Kodi 14.2, Kodi 15 beta 2 and Kodi 15 RC1; all effected.
With the extra info on the screen I don't see the buffer percentage drop, the video just freezes for a few seconds and then stops.

My media is stored on a Unix NAS and shared via Samba. Haven't noticed any problems with Kodi 15 RC1 on my Windows desktop.

Will test on my Nexus 9 and report back.
So does anyone know if this is a known bug? The only thing that has changed in my house is I upgraded my router from an old 11g to a nice new 11n, I don't remember having the issue with the old router, wondering if it's not Kodi and actually Android dropping Wi-Fi and Kodi not recovering.

Kodi has become very frustrating for and I'm close to giving up on using it on the Nexus Player.
My xbmc box crashed and i lost everything tried to download kodi again but sed my memory was full so i factory reset but still no memory so i tried to reboot and still no memory can anyone help please
So I limited my router to 11g and the problem has gone away. Anyone else find the same results?
Anyone know what logging I should turn on to help diagnose the issue? Happy to root my Nexus Player if needed.

Tested on my Nexus 9 tablet and it suffered from the same problem. Very annoying.

Super keen to get to the bottom of this, 11g isn't enough for my 1080p stuff.

Edit: changed my router back to 11n and it started playing up again, back to 11g and all good. Did some large file transfers using ES and I don't see any dropouts with 11n, so I'm not sure if it's Android or Kodi.
I'm pretty sure it's your router Wink
Heart 
(2015-07-10, 07:38)Koying Wrote: I'm pretty sure it's your router Wink

I totally agree, installed OpenWrt on my router and so far good. Over an hour and no issues.

Not sure as to why Kodi was more sensitive then ES Explorer, memory limitations maybe, but I'm happy it now works. Love my Nexus Player and love love love Kodi with a central database.
Hi,
Is there any solution to this yet?
I have exactly the same issue with Kodi 15.3 on my Minix device. The movie is stooping after 20 or so minutes of playing and there is exactly the same error in Kodi log.
I am playing out of SMB shares on another PC running Windows 10.
I am pretty sure none of the ideas posted here are correct (sorry).

I have a new Android TV box and i have the exact same issue, movie dies after about 20-40 min. And i get the same error in my logs:

ERROR: virtual ssize_t XFILE::CSMBFile::Read(void*, size_t) - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument ) - Retrying

I have multiple other Kodi setups in my house running on Android, MAC and Win7 - all work fine. This Android box is much newer and supposedly higher performance than the other 2 that i have.

If i stream off the internet the issue occurs, if i run off my NAS through my home network the issue occurs. It does not happen if i run off a USB stick.

The reason i am suggesting it is not an NFS/SMB issue is that i have same issue when streaming from the internet.

I tried with a very high bit rate video off my NAS and it fails fairly repeatably at around 20 min in. I switched to zero conf set up and it went to about 50 min.

I also have small audio pops which i am betting are related to the same issue (as they are also gone if i play off USB stick)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AFTV Stick crash to menu after 20-30 minutes of playback0