Req Smart Playlist Functionality
I'd like to see the ability to create a few smart playlists that I think would prove to be extremely useful to just about anyone that manages multiple TV series using Kodi.

Smart Playlist #1: My Queue

This list that would allow a user to effortlessly manage watching multiple series at the same time, in the intended order (S01-E01, S01-E02... S2-E01...)

Core functionality - The list presents the earliest unwatched episode of all TV shows that are in progress. The list is sorted in descending order based on the TV shows last watched date (the next episode of the most recently watched show will appear at the end of the list)

Value Add - It would be beneficial to:
- allow the user to reverse the sort order - to make the list more useful to binge watchers
- allow specific shows to be excluded from the list, shows that focus on current events, for eg. Or, better yet, allow these types of shows to be presented in reverse order (Most recently aired episodes to be presented first)
- Allow shows that have not been watched for a certain period of time to be filtered out - shows that have effectively been abandoned, but still exist in a user's library, and are flagged as in progress

Smart Playlist #2: Recently Aired

This list would allow a user to see the most recently aired episodes in their library. Many users attempt to use the recently added episodes list to accomplish this (myself included), which can work, at least until they preform a bulk addition to their library, for eg, which effectively breaks the list, at least temporarily, from the perspective of the user.

Core functionality - The list would present a list of the most recently aired episode(s) of all TV shows in the library, ordered by air date

Value Add - It would be beneficial to allow the user the option to:
- filter out shows that have already been watched
- filter out specific shows that a user doesn't want to appear on the list
- filter out shows that are not currently in progress
- filter out shows that are aired more than X days or months ago

Note: I realize some of the above functionality already exists but I wanted to present a complete thought.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist Functionality0