Nexus Player Crashing to OS while browsing movies
I've tried this with Stable 14.1, 14.2 Beta and 15 Alpha using the x86 build.

I can repeat it on 2 separate Nexus players. Once I go into "Movies" I can browse around for about 10 seconds before it crashes back to the OS main menu.

http://pastebin.com/K8NUqLuX
Well this is still an ongoing issue, apparently from more than one user according to the Google+ group:[removed]

The same group has also suggested installing an unofficial .apk which apparently fixes the crashing issue. I am testing it now. It's based off the 15.0 alpha 1 code.

Edit: unofficial kodi version did not fix crashing.
As, from the G+ thread, this doesn't solve your issue, I take the liberty to remove your link, as we don't support this Guy's work.

Re your issue, please install latest nightly and, assuming you'll still have the crash, upload the latest .dmp file from the Kodi temp folder (normally "/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/") to the cloud and PM me the link
Hey Koying, thanks for the reply!

I did a factory reset of the Nexus player, then did a fresh install of latest Kodi nightly dated April 26th 2015.
I added 3 sources to be scraped (Movies, 3D movies and TV Shows) via my NAS, using NFS

If I go to Videos --> Files, I can browse the directories freely.
If I go to Movies from main menu, and scroll, it crashes back to Lollipop dashboard within 30 seconds to 2 minutes. It is possible that it's related to scraping/updating. Just a hunch.

As mentioned earlier, this happens on two nexus players, using Aeon Nox or stock confluence skins.

http://pastebin.com/0k7EPuNm

I couldn't find a .dmp file, however the above is a complete kodi.log file. If this isn't enough please advise.

And thanks for your time!
Just FYI I reverted back to stable gotham x86 build and it's working stable and fine on both machines.
Happy to report the new 15 Beta 1 seems to have cleaned up the crashing issue. The settings migration from xbmc is a great feature, and beta 1 also seems to be generally more snappy than any other release so far.[/align]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus Player Crashing to OS while browsing movies0