Switch to Kodi from WMC
Hello everyone. I am starting to get sick of WMC's little quirks; although I have been using it for the past 2.5 years. The latest is stuttering in the video and sound. I had an initial question as I consider jumping on the Kodi bandwagon.

If I switched, I would likely use the WMC server for my PVR as it is already set up for recording my OTA shows. Will my current recording schedule be maintained if I use Kodi as my frontend? We have an entire year's worth of scheduled recordings (i.e. we do not need to remember to set up recording when the next season starts since it is still in the "series record" from the prior season)? I also use the function in WMC to pull my recordings from the local drive to my server...will Kodi do that as well? My local drive is a small SSD.

Thank you.
WMC will continue to function normally, you can think of the Kodi installs as extenders, they will have no effect on your current schedule/recordings unless you change them in Kodi
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
If I ise Kodi as a extender can other people watch my live TV server? I have parents that cannot afford cable and they would love the extra channels
Yes but it uses windows file sharing which is really only meant to work on a local network. It wouldn't be easily accessible across the Internet.
Is that not what the pvr ipvtv client does? Is there a option in serverwmc that creates a url that you could enter that would show you the channels?

I know other people use those for illegal stuff but I really just want it for my parents. And it would be what channels I pay for.
(2015-03-21, 06:30)Joedrt73 Wrote: Is that not what the pvr ipvtv client does? Is there a option in serverwmc that creates a url that you could enter that would show you the channels?

I know other people use those for illegal stuff but I really just want it for my parents. And it would be what channels I pay for.

Well unless they live in the same house it is illegal. Plus HD recordings are about 6 GB an hour. Do you and you parent have fast enough internet to support that? Otherwise you would need to transcode the video on the fly and ServerWMC will not do that.
We have EPB fiber optics at 100mb/sec I think it'll handle it.

Thanks for the replies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch to Kodi from WMC0