Populate home screen with "latest" or "recommended"...
Just finished installing and tweaking the setup of your skin - looking and working great!
But there's a thing - how can I populate the home screen with the "latest" movies for instance - in the top shelf? Or "recommended" tv-shows in the top shelf for tv-shows? I think I've set it up correctly, but I am unsure if it's supposed to work this way...

Furthermore:
- Scrolling of help text in settings - does this work or not?
- Is it possible to add icons with sound info (DTS etc) and other icons as well in the "list" view within the movie section? I know the icons are there when you "right click" and choose "Movie information", but I don't know if it would be more informative to have them in the "list" view also?

Thanks.
(2015-03-15, 09:48)tenzion Wrote: Just finished installing and tweaking the setup of your skin - looking and working great!
But there's a thing - how can I populate the home screen with the "latest" movies for instance - in the top shelf? Or "recommended" tv-shows in the top shelf for tv-shows? I think I've set it up correctly, but I am unsure if it's supposed to work this way...

"use the skin settings luke....."

Look in the skins settings menus, "Home Screen" category. If you can't find it from there, you should probably send the skin back for a refund Wink

Quote:Furthermore:
- Scrolling of help text in settings - does this work or not?

I guess not, will take a look and see what I can do to show some of these overly large help books (sorry, I mean help texts). I understand that George R R Martin is having trouble finishing his latest book, maybe the verbose Dev responsible for some of these help texts could give him a hand.Big Grin

Quote:- Is it possible to add icons with sound info (DTS etc) and other icons as well in the "list" view within the movie section? I know the icons are there when you "right click" and choose "Movie information", but I don't know if it would be more informative to have them in the "list" view also?

Thanks.
Possible Yes, am I going to do it, NO. The more of these "little" icons I add to these views, the slower the view will be. Fine if you are running a top of the line i7, kind of sucks if you are running on a AppleTV or a Raspberry Pi. But, I am planning to expand the use of the media type flag shown next to each list item to include SD, 720p, 4K and 3D in the next release.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2015-03-17, 06:00)wyrm Wrote: "use the skin settings luke....."

Look in the skins settings menus, "Home Screen" category. If you can't find it from there, you should probably send the skin back for a refund Wink

Alright, I get the point :-)
I might've been too unspecific... The population of the "Home Screen" is not working - but only if "Home menu type" within the "Home menu" category is set to Horisontal!
I am running the skin with the "Icon" setting.... Is this supposed to work or will it work in a future release?

Thanks!
(2015-03-17, 13:49)tenzion Wrote:
(2015-03-17, 06:00)wyrm Wrote: "use the skin settings luke....."

Alright, I get the point :-)
I might've been too unspecific... The population of the "Home Screen" is not working - but only if "Home menu type" within the "Home menu" category is set to Horisontal!
I am running the skin with the "Icon" setting.... Is this supposed to work or will it work in a future release?

Thanks!
tenzion,

still not 100% clear on what you are trying to tell me. I have just checked on my system and Yes, Recommended TV Shows does NOT work from ICON home screen. I will go in and fix this problem, But Recent TV Shows and Movies work just fine from this home menu on my system, in fact the only issue I could find was the missing Recommended TV Shows.

If there is any additional problems with this home screen, you will need to post a link to a FULL debug log so that I can see what the issue is. See my sig for details.

Wyrm (AppTV)

OK tenzion, fixes for scrolling text (help text in settings menu, but problem occurred in a number of other areas as well) and Recommended TV shows icons not appearing on shelf have now been pushed to github. If you know how to grab code from Github it will be available now (if you have to ask how, this option is not for you), otherwise will push to main repo sometime in the future.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2015-03-18, 14:32)wyrm Wrote: If there is any additional problems with this home screen, you will need to post a link to a FULL debug log so that I can see what the issue is. See my sig for details.
I uploaded a debug log from within the skin.
Do you receive a notification somehow or do I need to send the link to you in a PM?

Wyrm, I saw your update after I posted this. I downloaded your latest master from github and the "Icon" setting now populates my home screen with "Latest" movies/tv show as configured in settings.

Two more things:
1. If I want to rename an icon - or to be more specific - the text below it, how do I do that? Strings.po within the "Language" subfolder? It's the "Quit" button/icon I am interested in. It says "Quit" now (in Danish), but I am running Kodi on a Pi 2 and for me it makes more sense to call it "Reboot"...
2. Does it lie within the options of this skin to replace the main "Movies" and "TV shows" on the home menu with smart playlists and still be able to populate the top shelf with "Recently added" for instance?
(2015-03-18, 20:50)tenzion Wrote:
(2015-03-18, 14:32)wyrm Wrote: If there is any additional problems with this home screen, you will need to post a link to a FULL debug log so that I can see what the issue is. See my sig for details.
I uploaded a debug log from within the skin.
Do you receive a notification somehow or do I need to send the link to you in a PM?

Wyrm, I saw your update after I posted this. I downloaded your latest master from github and the "Icon" setting now populates my home screen with "Latest" movies/tv show as configured in settings.
Have noticed there is still a minor problem with the shelf. Was thinking of taking a look at solving a problem with touch/mouse on the home menus, so this will be getting a little love down the track.

Quote:Two more things:
1. If I want to rename an icon - or to be more specific - the text below it, how do I do that? Strings.po within the "Language" subfolder? It's the "Quit" button/icon I am interested in. It says "Quit" now (in Danish), but I am running Kodi on a Pi 2 and for me it makes more sense to call it "Reboot"...
Maybe, depends if I have used a skin supplied string or if I have used a string defined in Kodi's language files. Go take a look and see if you see a matching string in the skins language files. If you do, try changing it and see what happens. I'm not able to check at the moment, so you will need to poke around yourself.

Quote:2. Does it lie within the options of this skin to replace the main "Movies" and "TV shows" on the home menu with smart playlists and still be able to populate the top shelf with "Recently added" for instance?
Yep, turn off the appropriate item in the "Home menu" menu and then add a "Custom favourite" for the particular menu that you want it to appear under. As a added bonus, I include a number of ready rolled playlists in the skins Extras directory that you may find useful. The skin was once able to show the user those playlist directly, but changes to XBMC meant they were no longer accessible from within the skin. Good news is that I think it is now possible for me to display those playlists once again so I will see if the next release of the skin included this function (no promises when that will be as I'm busy with another project at the moment).

BTW, in the future if you have another issue or request from the one that you started the thread with, could you Please start another thread. Will just make it easier for me to keep track of what needs looking at and what has been solved.

Wyrm

(2015-03-20, 08:54)wyrm Wrote: Yep, turn off the appropriate item in the "Home menu" menu and then add a "Custom favourite" for the particular menu that you want it to appear under. As a added bonus, I include a number of ready rolled playlists in the skins Extras directory that you may find useful.

I tried that and it's not working. I've tried several things:
1. Adding the main "Movies" to favorites and then adding this favorite to "Custom favorites".
2. Making a smart playlists, adding it to favorites, and then adding this to "Custom favorites".
(2015-03-23, 15:51)tenzion Wrote:
(2015-03-20, 08:54)wyrm Wrote: Yep, turn off the appropriate item in the "Home menu" menu and then add a "Custom favourite" for the particular menu that you want it to appear under. As a added bonus, I include a number of ready rolled playlists in the skins Extras directory that you may find useful.

I tried that and it's not working. I've tried several things:
1. Adding the main "Movies" to favorites and then adding this favorite to "Custom favorites".
2. Making a smart playlists, adding it to favorites, and then adding this to "Custom favorites".
tenzion,

see your other thread for how to post a problem correctly. Now not sure if the problem in this case is a wetware problem or not, but if you can post a couple of screen grabs I might be able to suggest what the problem is. So please post a grab of the "Custom Favourites" screen, a grab of the "Favourites" screen and a grab of the "Home" menu. In this case you should NOT use pastebin or xbmclogs, but any website that I can visit and see the picture online will be fine (bonus points if you can figure out how to show the pictures in your postWink ). Just in case the PEBKAC is from my end and not yours, could you try this for one of the other Custom Favourite categories (TV Shows or Music should be fine) and report your findings back here please.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Populate home screen with "latest" or "recommended"...0