Moving the Thumbnails folder
Hi,
I noticed that my Kodi installation is savig thumbnails and stuff to directory:
C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails

But my movie collection is on another drive and I am using another program to scrape for poster and thumbnail information already at this location:
Z:\Movies\<Movie Name>

Kodi already knows that my movies are on my Z drive and loads them up properly but just womdering if it is totally ignoring the thumbnails already within each movies subdirectory on the Z drive? ( eg., Z:\Movies\<Movie Name>poster.jpg and I also have an actors subdirectory etc. )

Is there a way to force Kodi to read the thumbnails from the Z drive instead of adding new art to the C drive and clogging it up ( its over 5 gigs now )

THanks
You can do yeah over done it on my raspberry Pi2 but i think it works the same on yours.
Look here about path substitution
Some people say not to use it but it works fine for me.
So create a text file and copy the contents from example 2 but change the part that says <to> to your folder you want it to be in
But then you will have to cut and paste everything from your old folder to the new one
http://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution
Thank you Steve_UK
Instead I deleted all files in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails
and cleared up my 5 gigs of space on my C drive. ( Now windows has enough space to install updates and my PC
no longer reboots or hangs like it used to. I ran out of space because Kodi kept saving all images to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails )

After I deleted the files, now when I run KODI, I cannot see any more artwork anywhere, its not showing in my movies, TV Shows etc.
What can I do to force KODI to read the artwork from the Z drive now?
Or do I have to reinstall the entire program again?

Thanks

(2015-03-15, 21:39)Steve_uk Wrote: You can do yeah over done it on my raspberry Pi2 but i think it works the same on yours.
Look here about path substitution
Some people say not to use it but it works fine for me.
So create a text file and copy the contents from example 2 but change the part that says <to> to your folder you want it to be in
But then you will have to cut and paste everything from your old folder to the new one
http://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution
Did you read my first comment? I put told you what to do in there re installing Kodi won't help as that's where it wants to save your fanart.
Just create the xml file with everything in example 2 but change it to suit your z drive
And then put the xml into your userdata folder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving the Thumbnails folder0