Linux USB ACPI Wakeup disabled (Mac Mini IR receiver/OpenELEC)
Sad 
Hi, so I followed this guide here

Basically what I did was enable wakeup function for my apple ir receiver on mac mini (2-1.8.2 as listed in lsusb) by creating a udevrule

In /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/, run:

Code:
nano 90-appleir.rules

and added the following lines

Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="05ac", ATTR{idProduct}=="8242", RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1.8.2/power/wakeup'"

On reboot however, my apple ir receiver gets disabled again, what I discovered was that I also need to include

Code:
echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1.8.2/power/wakeup

To my autostart.sh script to get the wakeup function enabled by default after reboot.

Next running this command below returns the following

Code:
cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
RP02 S4 *disabled pci:0000:00:1c.1
ARPT S4 *disabled pci:0000:03:00.0
RP03 S4 *disabled pci:0000:00:1c.2
EHC1 S3 *disabled pci:0000:00:1d.7
EHC2 S3 *enabled pci:0000:00:1a.7

Then I just need to enable EHC1 (refers to my apple ir receiver) to get my remote to be able wake the mac mini once it's on standby mode.

Code:
echo EHC1 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

Which I also added to the autostart.sh script

Code:

My main PROBLEM is the EHC1 acpi wakeup gets disabled again by default after reboot, even though I've already included the command to enable it in the autostart script.
I'd like to know if there's something I'm missing or is there another way to force enable it?
Is my autostart script even running fine? Seems like the only thing working is enabling wakeup for usb devices but not the usb acpi

Well, I managed to solve it
Seems like I needed to add another command to enable wakeup for ECH1 and that fixed it

Code:

Not sure why I had to input the same command twice.
Hi,

Did you already upgrade to OpenELEC v6, and does the wakeup from standby still work?
For me it didn´t !!
It worked fine under v5 after applying the above instructions, however with v6 it is broken.
I noticed some differences after the upgrade:
- my apple ir receiver on mac mini was listed as 4-1.8.2 in lsusb, this used to be 2-1.8.2.
- cat /proc/acpi/wakeup command shows S4 state for all listed devices, and this used to be S3

Any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB ACPI Wakeup disabled (Mac Mini IR receiver/OpenELEC)0