• 275(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
The AMLogic S905D-based Vero 4K+ plays MVC 3D content and outputs it frame-packed I believe - but not sure if it handles ISOs.  I haven't had a 3D TV for 4 years now so sadly can't test.
(2022-11-08, 19:50)noggin Wrote: The AMLogic S905D-based Vero 4K+ plays MVC 3D content and outputs it frame-packed I believe - but not sure if it handles ISOs.  I haven't had a 3D TV for 4 years now so sadly can't test.
ISO is officially supported.
But seeking can be a little slow because of how 3D MVC ISOs are packaged
(2022-11-08, 19:57)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2022-11-08, 19:50)noggin Wrote: The AMLogic S905D-based Vero 4K+ plays MVC 3D content and outputs it frame-packed I believe - but not sure if it handles ISOs.  I haven't had a 3D TV for 4 years now so sadly can't test.
ISO is officially supported.
But seeking can be a little slow because of how 3D MVC ISOs are packaged

Yes - ISTR that the same content is stored such that it seems to appear in multiple places within the disc/ISO - or am I misremembering?
(2022-11-08, 00:40)Jönke Wrote: Raspberry pi 3 plays ( played) 3d.Iso a couple of years back . Dont know the current state.

As far as I'm aware, MVC 3D hasn't worked on a Pi 2 or 3 since Kodi v19 came out.

3D ISOs are mostly handled well, but as Sam says, seeking is a problem - you can find yourself sitting there for upwards of a minute waiting for playback to start again the first time you skip forwards or backwards (though only the first time - subsequent skips in the same session are not affected).

I guess one should also mention that the Vero 4K+ has an occasional problem with 3D films which causes brief bursts of picture corruption (a bit like macro-blocking) once every few minutes. To be clear, most 3D films are not affected by this issue and play perfectly; but there are a handful of movies that are affected, and they include some quite high-profile titles like "Avatar" and "Gravity". I think the chances of this issue ever being fixed are close to zero, now - it would apparently require a microcode change that AmLogic clearly has no interest in supplying.
Hey, @hdmkv , how come Ready Player One is not included in your "3D A-list"? It really ought to be!
Yep, should be. I need to update that first post—hoping to do it by end of this week. I now have Vero 4K+ back, along with Zidoo Z9X, for 3D, but also wanted to list excellent projectors available for 3D use.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
  • 275(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17