• 209(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-06-24, 22:36)mrkalpakkam Wrote: Any advantages of going with NUC5i3 or NUC6i3 vs Dell 3050 - For kodi 3d / atmos? Dell is less than half the price of others.

Not any huge differences for Kodi use. Faster boot-up, better speed, zero lags for overall performance. For video, ability to smoothly play demanding videos like these:

- 29.970 MPEG2 1080i 4:2:2 (buttery smooth on i5 and higher)
- 29.970 1080i VC-1 (buttery smooth on i3 and higher)
- Better 4K (especially HEVC) performance, but still 8-bit until next-gen Intels arrive later this year

But, for double the price of Dell 3050, may not be worth it to you.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
hdmkv,

Got some nice news for you

A title to add to your best 3d experience movie list Smile

Ruin (2011)

Watch it, you'll be amazed !!!!!! it is short though
(2016-06-28, 18:17)Skank Wrote: hdmkv,

Got some nice news for you

A title to add to your best 3d experience movie list Smile

Ruin (2011)

Watch it, you'll be amazed !!!!!! it is short though

FYI

The RUIN 3D Demo is from the Maze Runner Blu-ray DISC
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
yes i know
Already there under 'Terrific 3D Animated & Live Action Shorts'. It's a demo piece I use with guests all the time Smile.
My Family Room Theater
cool!
Hi,

I have a problem playing my 3d.iso files with this MVC build. I think it might be because of my windows drivers?

Here in the first picture of the link I should be able to select: 3D display mode: On - But i dont even have that button in my Advanced display settings. What do i have to install to be able to activate 3d?

http://imgur.com/a/mebZe
(2016-07-04, 00:30)320Driver Wrote: Hi,

I have a problem playing my 3d.iso files with this MVC build. I think it might be because of my windows drivers?

Here in the first picture of the link I should be able to select: 3D display mode: On - But i dont even have that button in my Advanced display settings. What do i have to install to be able to activate 3d?

http://imgur.com/a/mebZe

i dont have that setting at all iirc, what problem do you have when trying to play a video in 3D?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
The 3d iso file in Kodi just plays as 2d, instead of 3d.
I can buy this on Ebay for $239 shipped from China. Will this be different then the Australian version?

Also notice that it only has 16GB hard drive. I will stream everything from my NAS but I do have 50TB of movies and TV shows on there. Will this be a problem for Kodi? My HTPC at the moment has 128GB SSD hard drive.

Thanks for your help.
(2016-07-04, 04:16)smuller Wrote: I can buy this on Ebay for $239 shipped from China. Will this be different then the Australian version?

Also notice that it only has 16GB hard drive. I will stream everything from my NAS but I do have 50TB of movies and TV shows on there. Will this be a problem for Kodi? My HTPC at the moment has 128GB SSD hard drive.

Thanks for your help.
What is "this"?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i really think you should change the rating of PQ on the RPi3 to "good" from "excellent". it is hardly excellent when compared to intel or nvidia GPUs across my various setups. i abandoned the Pi due to way too much color banding.

it's an awesome deal for the price, but the PQ isn't that great

wish it were - right now my Mac Mini with Intel 5100 using bootcamp is my HTPC. the Pi is collecting dust. the nvidia is also out because it doesn't support all audio sample rates and i have several at 88.2 and very few at 176.4 though e nvidia 970 looks better thsn the intel when it comes to video, but marginally so
Hi,
Now Kodi 17 alpha 2 is released, is it a good choice to use it with an Intel HTPC and MVC 3D ISO ?
Thank you !
The mainline builds and MVC builds are separate. We need to wait for developer @afedchin, who maintains the latter, to update.

Unfortunately, the MVC build will continue to remain a fork.
My Family Room Theater
Ok thank you, I'm surprised to see RPi supports BD 3D ISO and Windows no Big Grin
  • 209(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17