• 44(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-08-31, 19:12)Stereodude Wrote:
(2015-08-31, 16:48)hdmkv Wrote: As I got my two RPi2's working well now (did a fresh setup, no overclocking, using a recent Kodi 16 build), I'm very happy with 3D (as well as 2D) performance. It's more seamless than with HiMedia, as it's all within a pure Kodi experience. HiMedia is equally good for 3D, provided they fix the two nagging issues: random audio dropouts w/24fps enabled, and 3D ghosting (former is the bigger issue).
The RPi2 doesn't support .ISO right? Does that mean you can't open and play an .ISO from an external drive or network share like the Windows & OpenELEC version can or is it more specific to some particular aspect of ISO playback?

The Pi and Pi 2 support ISO for DVDs and 2D Blu-rays with no problems. You can play them over a network connection or from local storage.

What they don't have is support for ISOs of 3D Blu-rays - though it is being worked on I believe. This is because the ISO format for 3D Blu-rays is quite 'clever' and uses some quite interesting UDF functionality that allows for 2D compatibility (effectively different 'files' in the UDF ISO image point to the same data) If you want to play 3D Blu-rays on a Pi you have to rip the ISO to an MVC MKV using MakeMKV or similar.

I don't think any Kodi platform supports 3D ISOs within Kodi - only via external players.
(2015-08-31, 19:16)noggin Wrote: The Pi and Pi 2 support ISO for DVDs and 2D Blu-rays with no problems. You can play them over a network connection or from local storage.

What they don't have is support for ISOs of 3D Blu-rays - though it is being worked on I believe. This is because the ISO format for 3D Blu-rays is quite 'clever' and uses some quite interesting UDF functionality that allows for 2D compatibility (effectively different 'files' in the UDF ISO image point to the same data) If you want to play 3D Blu-rays on a Pi you have to rip the ISO to an MVC MKV using MakeMKV or similar.

I don't think any Kodi platform supports 3D ISOs within Kodi - only via external players.
Okay, thanks for setting me straight. I figured I was missing part of the story.
Updated comparison chart in post #1.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-08-31, 13:12)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-08-30, 22:35)kratos02 Wrote: it says only flash it on the European region models.
Will I have any problems if I flash it on the North American model?
No problems, you can use the firmware from Futeko to flash.

Is it official firmware from HiMedia or a custom one?
And is Futeko a fan forum?
It's HiMedia's own firmware. They just don't have an English user forum, so they use Futeko (their EU distributor) to distribute.

There are custom (user) firmwares for HiMedia, but the official Q5 firmware (for English-branded boxes) is here.
My HT
(2015-09-01, 13:28)hdmkv Wrote: It's HiMedia's own firmware. They just don't have an English user forum, so they use Futeko (their EU distributor) to distribute.

There are custom (user) firmwares for HiMedia, but the official Q5 firmware (for English-branded boxes) is here.

First of all Thank you so much for your help

So I updated the box and now I have following questions

1. How do I safely remove an external hard drive from the box?
2. When I am watching TAB 3D and I press the TV mode button on the remote and it says on the screen TV 1080p 24 Hz FramePacking but my TV doesn't support 24Hz so what does that mean?
3. When I am watching a movie with TRUEHD Atmos audio it only says TRUEHD 7.1 does that mean it's just decoding TRUEHD core stream and not Atmos like DTS HDMA and DTS Core?

Thanks again for all your help
(2015-09-02, 05:46)kratos02 Wrote: 2. When I am watching TAB 3D and I press the TV mode button on the remote and it says on the screen TV 1080p 24 Hz FramePacking but my TV doesn't support 24Hz so what does that mean?

What see in your info tv ? it's very strange that your tv not support 24hz or true cinema.

(2015-09-02, 05:46)kratos02 Wrote: 3. When I am watching a movie with TRUEHD Atmos audio it only says TRUEHD 7.1 does that mean it's just decoding TRUEHD core stream and not Atmos like DTS HDMA and DTS
Atmos = TRUEHD + atmos metadata .
If your av recover support atms it say atmos , if support TRUEHD it say TRUEHD .if not support TRUEHD no audio.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2015-09-02, 05:46)kratos02 Wrote: 2. When I am watching TAB 3D and I press the TV mode button on the remote and it says on the screen TV 1080p 24 Hz FramePacking but my TV doesn't support 24Hz so what does that mean?

Could it be that your TV is reporting its input format rather than its display format? Any TV that supports 3D Blu-ray is pretty much guaranteed to have to support 1080p 24Hz frame packing as that is the standard that most 3D Blu-ray players output in. Whether it displays this in 24p is another matter.

Quote:3. When I am watching a movie with TRUEHD Atmos audio it only says TRUEHD 7.1 does that mean it's just decoding TRUEHD core stream and not Atmos like DTS HDMA and DTS Core?

Are you bitstreaming to your amp, and does your amp support Atmos? If not either your player or your amp will just pick up the standard True HD element of the stream and ignore the Atmos elements.
New update for Realtek 1195 M-195 and Eweat.

Kodi 15 rc2 with KodiWrapper/playercorefactory.xml

Working Now
Networking Playback is working
3D BD.iso working
HD Audio Bitstreaming is working(DTS HD MA/DOLBY TRUEHD-ATMOS etc..)
24Hz is now enable in the firmware(Need more testing)

Thanks to folks from Android-Mediaplayer.de
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Okay, I'll try to reflect the improvements in the chart in post #1. How would you rate this player vs. VidOn. And if you have HiMedia, vs. it?
My HT
(2015-09-02, 15:25)movie78 Wrote: New update for Realtek 1195 M-195 and Eweat.

Working Now
3D BD.iso working

23.976 playback is without stutter?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2015-09-02, 17:17)hdmkv Wrote: Okay, I'll try to reflect the improvements in the chart in post #1. How would you rate this player vs. VidOn. And if you have HiMedia, vs. it?

Since this is very similar to the HiMedia i think ( the both use external player) I assume the Kodi fonctionality will be the same.
Since i don't own HiMedia, I cannot compare it with it
The 3D.iso playback look much better compare to the VidOn box(don't know if it because of the RealTek Chipset)
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2015-09-02, 17:43)looun Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 15:25)movie78 Wrote: New update for Realtek 1195 M-195 and Eweat.

Working Now
3D BD.iso working

23.976 playback is without stutter?
Need to watch a full movie,since i just got it to work.
Not similar to HiMedia in sense that they're completely different chipsets (Realtek vs. HiSilicon).
My HT
(2015-09-02, 20:16)hdmkv Wrote: Not similar to HiMedia in sense that they're completely different chipsets (Realtek vs. HiSilicon).

In related to Kodi,they both use the same playback method.
External player
Wrapper
playercorefactory

When it come to Video quality,i think Realtek chipset is much better or.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17