• 145(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
@movie78 tested a few true hd 7.1 minions has the problem you mention when I change it to db 5.1 sound is fine. Tested 3d and bdmv folder aal play with no issues currently I am using build 11. Even John wick playback smooth.. I don't have a atmos receiver yet maybe next Christmas .
(2016-01-16, 02:00)bdreams Wrote: @movie78 tested a few true hd 7.1 minions has the problem you mention when I change it to db 5.1 sound is fine. Tested 3d and bdmv folder aal play with no issues currently I am using build 11. Even John wick playback smooth.. I don't have a atmos receiver yet maybe next Christmas .

So Minions 7.1 3D.ISO had a playback issue,this prove that Raspberry Pi2 is having some playback issues with 3D.ISO TRUEHD Tracks,but John Wick 7.1 did play fine.
Angry

Thanks for your testing...
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I'll try a movie or two w/ATMOS or TrueHD tonight or by tomorrow on Pi2.

On another note: curiosity killed the cat... me Wink! Remember I'd said I was curious to try the Popcorn Hour VTEN? Well, I ordered one a week ago, and today spent a few hours with it. Build quality is excellent (nice, heavy metal case, well vented, quality construction). PQ is excellent and 1:1 BD rips (2D/3D MKV's, 2D/3D ISO's) play perfectly. The problem? It ain't a Kodi player. Clunky, slow-ish UI, with complicated adding of shares and scanning using NMJToolBox2 on PC... ugh! Gave up! Reminded why I left the Popcorn Hour and Mede8er worlds behind and went Kodi in the first place. Once you go Kodi, there's truly no going back! Never again!

What a relief when I just turned on my HiMedia Q5 and got on Kodi. To eBay goes a barely used VTEN.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Ha Ha,
Is there a self help group you can join for 3D video gadget collection addicts?

Members would be:
- hdmkv
- movie78
- skank

Other Users, add your name to the list Wink

(2016-01-16, 04:35)wrxtasy Wrote: Ha Ha,

Members would be:
- hdmkv
- movie78
- skank

I like that!!!
Very funnyLaugh
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Which build are you guys running on the Pi2 to get 3D ISO?

@hdmkv: do you still think MVC is the way to go over ISO with the latest builds?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-01-16, 03:07)hdmkv Wrote: I'll try a movie or two w/ATMOS or TrueHD tonight or by tomorrow on Pi2.

On another note: curiosity killed the cat... me Wink! Remember I'd said I was curious to try the Popcorn Hour VTEN? Well, I ordered one a week ago, and today spent a few hours with it. Build quality is excellent (nice, heavy metal case, well vented, quality construction). PQ is excellent and 1:1 BD rips (2D/3D MKV's, 2D/3D ISO's) play perfectly. The problem? It ain't a Kodi player. Clunky, slow-ish UI, with complicated adding of shares and scanning using NMJToolBox2 on PC... ugh! Gave up! Reminded why I left the Popcorn Hour and Mede8er worlds behind and went Kodi in the first place. Once you go Kodi, there's truly no going back! Never again!

What a relief when I just turned on my HiMedia Q5 and got on Kodi. To eBay goes a barely used VTEN.

HiMedia Q5 VS TEN Huh picture quality, 3D experience, function ecc.

Members would be:
- hdmkv
- movie78
- skank

+1 Big Grin

LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2016-01-16, 11:34)ArieS Wrote: Which build are you guys running on the Pi2 to get 3D ISO?

@hdmkv: do you still think MVC is the way to go over ISO with the latest builds?

I usually run the most recent v17 build from the thread in the Raspberry Pi forum - but this is bleeding edge, and is there to help bug find and fix to stabilise code. I'm not a huge 3D viewer but it was working OK for a test earlier this week.

Members would be:
- hdmkv
- movie78
- skank

Haha
(2016-01-15, 19:14)hdmkv Wrote: What are you guys using for 3D ISO file-naming for Kodi? Per wiki, I just do something like 300 Rise of an Empire (2014).3D.iso. But, Kodi doesn't show this as a 3D movie, at least via the Artic skin I use. With the few SBS & TAB movies I have, it does with .3D.SBS or .3D.TAB in them, but seems not with just .3D for ISO's.

Just tested my ISO's and the ones that showed up as 3D are ISO's but with TAB/SBS video inside.
The one's that don't show up are framepacked.

No matter how i change file or folder, they won't show up as 3D

I'm using build #0104
(2016-01-10, 16:11)walkersway Wrote: Hi All.

I currently have a Minix X8-H downstairs and have been 80% happy with this. Biggest niggles are poor standard remote control. Air mouse is better. Kodi will not work with my AV amp and surround sound. Minix very slow at updating official app from XBMC to Kodi :-(

Thinking of replacing this and move the Minix upstairs to the bedroom as my Pisox Xios is not working now and my misses wants this replacing.

Anyway looking for a good replacement.

Requirements are:
  • Support for my RX-V667 amp to passthough, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD.
  • Very good Kodi support
  • 3D
  • Good IR remote control that also works well with Kodi
  • Able to program this in to my Logitech harmony ultimate remote.
  • 1080p (not too bothered about 4K at this time).
  • Android based. Would consider windows based but want a simple solution so there would have to be a good reason to go to windows.
  • Ability to add Netflix with HD stream support.

I don't want anything too complicated which is why I am going with Android. This has to be a rock solid setup as I have a disabled son with learning difficulties.

I can wait a few weeks if something new I about to be released.

Cost wise not too much of an issue but don't want to spend silly money so perhaps up to £200 but I'm flexible.

Just a quick update. Ordered the PI2 as mentioned with flirc and set this up. 99% happy with it and that is only as navigating menus is only a fraction slower than the Minix but this is no problem as its only slightly slower.

This works great with Openelec and I have the latest version running on it. Fairly straight forward to set up :-)

Thanks for the help guys.

Mark
(2016-01-16, 16:31)walkersway Wrote:

I currently have a Minix X8-H downstairs and have been 80% happy with this. Biggest niggles are poor standard remote control. Air mouse is better. Kodi will not work with my AV amp and surround sound. Minix very slow at updating official app from XBMC to Kodi :-(

Thinking of replacing this and move the Minix upstairs to the bedroom as my Pisox Xios is not working now and my misses wants this replacing.

Requirements are:
  • Very good Kodi support
  • 3D
  • Android based. Would consider windows based but want a simple solution so there would have to be a good reason to go to windows.

I don't want anything too complicated which is why I am going with Android. This has to be a rock solid setup as I have a disabled son with learning difficulties.

Cost wise not too much of an issue but don't want to spend silly money so perhaps up to £200 but I'm flexible.

Just a quick update. Ordered the PI2 as mentioned with flirc and set this up. 99% happy with it and that is only as navigating menus is only a fraction slower than the Minix but this is no problem as its only slightly slower.

This works great with Openelec and I have the latest version running on it. Fairly straight forward to set up :-)

Mark

force overclock or whatever the setting is called that disables dynamic freq. and a small bump in clocks to 1000/500/500 make the PI2 feel alot snappier in the menus. been running mine like that for a while with no issues, i think alot of people do.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-01-16, 11:34)ArieS Wrote: @hdmkv: do you still think MVC is the way to go over ISO with the latest builds?
Will be re-evaluating this weekend with ISO's, with latest Milhouse build, especially some that have struggled to play smoothly for me in the past.

(2016-01-16, 12:06)looun Wrote: HiMedia Q5 VS TEN Huh picture quality, 3D experience, function ecc.
For 3D PQ, just IMHO... Q5 > VTEN > Pi2 > M8R > Tronsmart S95 > H8/X6. VTEN has VXP processing, but Q5's Imprex engine is better. Pi2's pure, unprocessed PQ is excellent if you prefer a more natural PQ, and the difference vs. Q5/VTEN isn't huge. With image processing, latter provide slighty more contrast, depth & pop... up to a point, as after that, PQ starts looking too digital, shows edge enhancement, etc. So, with VXP & Imprex, you need to adjust to get the benefits, w/o those unwanted side effects.

LOL Smile. No need, thanks to eBay, I only end up losing a few bucks for trying out gadgets. Sometimes, even make a tiny profit; go figure.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-01-16, 16:44)dukester Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 16:31)walkersway Wrote:

Requirements are:
  • Very good Kodi support
  • 3D

Mark

force overclock or whatever the setting is called that disables dynamic freq. and a small bump in clocks to 1000/500/500 make the PI2 feel alot snappier in the menus. been running mine like that for a while with no issues, i think alot of people do.

Thanks I may give it a try. TBH its not too bad its not noticeable unless I do a side by side comparison. If it was It would drive me nuts.

That pleased with it so far that I may end up building another for my sons room.
(2016-01-16, 03:07)hdmkv Wrote: ...... Once you go Kodi, there's truly no going back! Never again!

Quite happy with the VTEN, at last a device that plays the media the way I want it...
Just select the 3D movie and play…. with correct framerate, 3D subs and no shutter from SMB share.
True I miss the KODI interface and probably will sell the VTEN if an alternative with KODI arrives.

PS. Sold my Vidon X6 to my Neighbour. He does not care for 3D and HD Audio… lucky him.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

• 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17