• 224(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
I saw an IMAX 3D presentation of SW:TFA and thought it was excellent. Can't wait for the 3D BD.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
I did too, the shot where the camera is right in front of the Star Destroyer was very impressive!
(2016-10-26, 18:32)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-10-26, 18:14)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-10-26, 13:53)movie78 Wrote: Not so fastCool
We will see what titles get released and how soon Wink

In the mean time, are you planning on getting the 3 released titles?

Once I get everything setup I am going to order Pixels and RedTails from Amazon.de, already have the Auro 3D Demo Disc which i received from Auro last year.

PS:Not buying TCSM 4KBig Grin

How are you handling the placement of the Auro-3d speaker setup as it differs then the Atmos layout. Are you going with a 5.2.4 for compatibility between Atmos and Auro? Or does your Marantz offer channel mapping? I thought only the TRINNOV offered that which I is way outside my budget.
(2016-10-28, 22:12)halfelite Wrote:
(2016-10-26, 18:32)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-10-26, 18:14)wesk05 Wrote: We will see what titles get released and how soon Wink

In the mean time, are you planning on getting the 3 released titles?

Once I get everything setup I am going to order Pixels and RedTails from Amazon.de, already have the Auro 3D Demo Disc which i received from Auro last year.

PS:Not buying TCSM 4KBig Grin

How are you handling the placement of the Auro-3d speaker setup as it differs then the Atmos layout. Are you going with a 5.2.4 for compatibility between Atmos and Auro? Or does your Marantz offer channel mapping? I thought only the TRINNOV offered that which I is way outside my budget.

Yes once I am done setting up it would be 5.2.4 maybe with VOGCool
So in that i am covered with all the three format.(ATMOS/DTS:X/AURO 3D)

MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Audio formats supported by the Marantz AV7703 A/V pre-amplifier:
http://manuals.marantz.com/AV7703/NA/EN/index.php

ImageImageImageImage

Universal audio/video receiver (Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, Auro-3D, etc.) is achieved.
Universal HDR TV (HDR10, Dolby Vision, HEVC HLG, VP9-HLG, VP9-PQ, Dynamic HDR) is possible.

An universal HDR TV can be designed around an universal HDR-compliant SoC like Sigma Designs STV7804 SoC which is compatible with HLG, HDR10 and Dolby Vision.
http://www.sigmadesigns.com/news/sigma-d...converter/

An universal HDR media player can be designed around an universal HDR-compliant SoC like Amlogic S912 which is compatible with HLG, HDR10 and Dolby Vision.
http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/04/06/a...fications/
Universal audio/video receiver (Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, etc.) is achieved.
Universal HDR TV (HDR10, Dolby Vision, HEVC HLG HDR, VP9-HLG / VP9-PQ YouTube HDR, Dynamic HDR) is required.

Push for universal HDR TV!
Can someone tell me please, if I was to get a Zidoo X9s or HiMedia q5, which version of Kodi do you have to install? Do you just download the Latest version of Kodi from the Android App Store built in the device? Or do you have to do the same thing as I had to do with my nvidia shield and download a side launcher branch of Kodi called SPMC?
With X9S, you'd be using Zidoo's custom 16.1 fork called ZDMC. It's pre-installed. With HiMedia, you can use any version of Kodi as their wrapper is just called up (to launch the native/external player) from the custom playercorefactory.xml file that's written when you first apply the wrapper.
My HT
Hi, I have a really weird setup now and want some advise before purchasing next hardware. I have read lots on here just want to confirm I am buying right thing.

I have 3x USB 3.0 Powered external HDs

1 Himedia Q5
1 Gigabyte brix 2955u running win 10
Yamaha rxv777 AMP Setup with 7.1 Speakers

I have 1 usb drive full of 3D iso and mkv

Which I plug directly into the USB 3.0 Port of the himedia Q5 ( watched lots of ISO and MKV ) and pleased to report no microstutters. Also note if i try streaming the 3d ISO from this drive from PC they do stutter. And have tested same movie which stutters directly into himedia USB 3.0 Port and works. Done lots of testing on this.

The other 2 USB Drives are full of MKV Movies mostly x264 and I have these both plugged into the Gigabyte brix PC

And have set them up in windows 10 as shared drives which I then have added into Himedia Q5 via Kodi.

Recap 2 usb harddrives plugged into PC 1 usb into himedia q5

I play all movies via himedia q5 kodi using the himediawrapper.

Everything works as it should been doing this long time now.

The 2 downsides to this is 1 I have to make sure My Computer and Himedia device is on.

The other downside is that sometimes the 3d drive letter changes so I just have to make sure when doing a manual scan in kodi the drive letter is correct other wise doubles will appear.

Luckily the network share drives dont have this problem.

What I would love in the future and I know its not just me is to have one device what will do it all
Full 3D ISO frame packing and all my MKVs with 7.1 bitstreaming dts-hd.

I can do this now but with 2 devices.

From what I have seen on here certain intel nuc and other pcs which are listed on this forum on the spreadsheet have
the ability to run kodi mvc special build which allows 3d ISO framepacking.

If I purchase one of these nuc how reliable is the kodi mvc playback compared to what i have now. I think this is my best option from what i read on here so far.
Hey there! After I've stumbled upon this thread and learned that you can play MVC 3D ISOs with Kodi running on a Raspberry Pi2, I've dug one out and tried it out. First I was very intrigued, since it worked, but then I found that although it plays those files, it throws away half of the available lines and afterwards interpolates the remaining 540 back to 1080 again - instead of just outputing the true full hd 3d data to the display.

For more details on my findings see https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2388.html

Now I post this here because I would like to ask guys who use any other device running Kodi like for example a windows 10 HTPC, if you can see the same problem when you are playing MVC 3D without using an external player for it. Thanks.
Have you tested w/these RPi2/3 builds? Pretty sure it outputs full 3D (1080p to each eye).
My HT
@hdmkv thanks for your reply!
Yes, it outputs full hd 3D (1920x1080 pixels per eye) - my beamer tells me that it recieves such a signal.
But if you look at the comparative photographs I've uploaded in the thread over in the libreELEC forum https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2388.html you can clearly see that those 1080 lines that reach the beamer are only interpolated from half of the lines from the 3D iso.

And yes, I've tested this using the latest LibreELEC alpha version available for the Raspberry Pi2: LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.90.008 alpha
Hopefully @popcornmix or @Milhouse will reply to your finding.
My HT
Kodi on a Pi using either the LibreELEC Krypton builds or Milhouse nightly builds will output full resolution (1920x1080) for each eye when playing 3D MVC files.

Make sure "Enable Full HD HDMI modes for stereoscopic 3D" is enabled in system/video settings.
Okey, I will check tonight for this setting. But as I said my beamer already recieves a full hd 3d picture of 1920x1080 for each eye. I think that the problem I observe is that in between Kodi downscales the MVC stream into a single 1920x1080 T&B picture for both eyes, and upscales it again before sending it out to the hdmi display.
With "Enable Full HD HDMI modes for stereoscopic 3D" enabled, we will output full resolution for each eye (3D frame packing).
Without that setting enabled we will output half resolution (3D TAB) as some displays may not support frame packing..
  • 224(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17