Changing The Default Option
Hello All,

I am using the default skin (Confluence). When open Kodi it defaults to Music. Is there a way I can get it to default to Videos ?
Android tablet. OS. jelly bean 4.2.2
you can change the startup window in the settings. Default is the home menu, so you most likely already changed that once
(2015-03-16, 18:54)da-anda Wrote: you can change the startup window in the settings. Default is the home menu, so you most likely already changed that once
Thanks for your reply. Yes I have already tried that setting. But it is not what I wish to do. I guess there is no solution if I still want to use the default skin. Some other skins do default to Videos.
I think you would have to edit the order of the menu items in the skin home.xml. Problem is that depending on settings and content, some menu items may or may not show, so the order isn't constant.

scott s.
ah, you want the Videos menu item to be focused on startup, yes, that's not possible atm without altering the skin files AFAIK
(2015-03-17, 10:18)da-anda Wrote: ah, you want the Videos menu item to be focused on startup, yes, that's not possible atm without altering the skin files AFAIK

Thanks for your reoly. I just have to leave it as it is. Perhaps one day I get around and try to edit the code.
One other question, please. Does Kodi support LiveTV on an android tablet ?
(2015-03-17, 13:04)joe44 Wrote: One other question, please. Does Kodi support LiveTV on an android tablet ?
Yes, but just as any other Kodi installation it requires a PVR backend to be running in your network. So if you already have a PVR backend running (tvheadend, MediaPortal, WMC, ...) you can also use LiveTV on Android.
(2015-03-17, 15:41)da-anda Wrote:
(2015-03-17, 13:04)joe44 Wrote: One other question, please. Does Kodi support LiveTV on an android tablet ?
Yes, but just as any other Kodi installation it requires a PVR backend to be running in your network. So if you already have a PVR backend running (tvheadend, MediaPortal, WMC, ...) you can also use LiveTV on Android.

You can also stream directly from a HDHomeRun Extend tuner using DLNA. No backend required. I use this on my Nexus 7 tablet.
Thanks a bunch for your tips.

Kodi is quite new to me. Only been using it since yesterday. I have everything working except for LiveTV.
So I have to do some experimenting. I have a good knowledge in computer software and hardware. Starting from the spectrum ZX80. Kodi is my new toy. It is just great !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing The Default Option0