Win Kodi 14.1 Helix
I'm having issues with my video setup that I can't seem to overcome. Here is my system setup for reference:

HP Windows 8.1 laptop
Kodi 14.1 Helix
Samsung PN60F8500 3D plasma TV
Sony STR-DH750 4K AV Receiver

Laptop is connected to Receiver via HDMI (3D capable) to the Video port. The Receiver is connected to the TV via HDMI through the Receiver HDMI output.

Kodi works fine on the laptop alone.

When I connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI through the receiver, the laptop works fine, laptop screen fills the TV screen. However when I click on my KODI shortcut and it opens, the screen is huge. I only see KO in the lower right corner of my TV screen. It's like it thinks my display is 120" or something. When the menu's come up I can only see VIDEO and PICTURES, though I can click through them with the diretional pad on the laptop.

I can't figure out how to fix the screen resolution as I can't even get to the settings menu.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.
I was thinking of getting that AVR and found your post, which is now quite old.

Did you ever sort this?

Did you try pressing the \ key when kodi has focus? That should full screen kodi.

Or maybe I am not understanding the problem correctly.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.1 Helix0