• 8(current)
ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding
Cabra look into emby for the moment.

Sent from my XT1254
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Could this feature be used to transcode audio on the actual playback device?
That is, could an android TV without the ability to play DTS transcode to another codec?
(2020-05-25, 11:15)Landstander Wrote: Could this feature be used to transcode audio on the actual playback device?
That is, could an android TV without the ability to play DTS transcode to another codec?
Kodi already does this with passthrough using the option 'Enable Dolby Digital Transcoding'.
(2020-05-25, 12:45)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 11:15)Landstander Wrote: Could this feature be used to transcode audio on the actual playback device?
Kodi already does this with passthrough using the option 'Enable Dolby Digital Transcoding'. 
I've never seen that option before.  After Googling for awhile, it turns out that's because you ridiculously have to set the number of channels to 2 before it will appear.  That makes no sense, but it really works.  Thanks.  I've been banging my head against that for the past couple years, including re-writing Serviio profiles.

Does it re-encode everything or just anything more than 2 channels?  That is, does DD 5.1, DD 2.0 or even PCM stereo get re-encoded?
Sorry, I know this isn't the place, but you're the first person to be able to answer this question!
Have a read through the wiki, it's all covered quite extensively there https://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_troubleshooting

Anything unchecked in the options will be transcoded, i.e. DTS etc if your system doesn't support them, as far as I know stereo won't be transcoded but the wiki will probably confirm it either way.
(2020-05-25, 23:25)FXB78 Wrote: Have a read through the wiki, it's all covered quite extensively there https://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_troubleshooting

Anything unchecked in the options will be transcoded, i.e. DTS etc if your system doesn't support them, as far as I know stereo won't be transcoded but the wiki will probably confirm it either way.

But this doesn't transcode to devices. I have to different Samsung Smart TV's and both don't handle truehd audio and it doesn't transcode to a usable audio format for either TV. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but hasn't worked yet.
(2021-09-05, 16:42)bdanger007 Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 23:25)FXB78 Wrote: Have a read through the wiki, it's all covered quite extensively there https://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_troubleshooting

But this doesn't transcode to devices. I have to different Samsung Smart TV's and both don't handle truehd audio and it doesn't transcode to a usable audio format for either TV. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but hasn't worked yet.
Make sure you just tick the formats it does support, so for example EAC3 would be ticked but not True HD.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding1