Owncloud and Kodi Harmony Via SFTP
Ok so, I wanted to make my own netflix even tho my upload is Sh*T @ home lol, but I wanted to set it up anyway and after getting GbE and Cat6 cable i was able to stream remotley with 1Mbps up!!(thats what my ISP gives me, i didnt get actually 1mbs but I was able to stream)

The trick to mapping owncloud,sftp is mounting the drive as a network/local drive with NetDrive (free for home use) but here is the trick, when you go to add TV/Movies etc you can not see mapped network drive, what you need to do is copy full path from windows explorer and copy into Kodi path for media and it will work! Viola, you now have remote & local access to media over Sftp which has been good to me speed/stability wise.

I tried WebDav and with Kodi built in webdav it would not connect, with the drive mounted via NetDrive, i did the same thing, but the speeds were horrible!! took like 10/15s to start a video at home let alone remote so I highly reccomend SFTP

I have tried sshfs manager and many other programs to mount SFTP an nothing compares to NetDrive, it has great abilitys for chmod files, when I download remote files it has accurate download rates/times and it can easily import private keys for secure sftp via ssh.

If you have questions let me know i will try to check in!

Cheers enjoy your own cloud/media center that your control

on a personal note, i love titan media browser :-P ohh and FILEBOT for renaming movies and tv shows is AMAZING i have successfully renamed aprox 3 thousand files to what the TV/IMDB database expects and now Kodi never has trouble scraping info! Smile
soo... Kodi forums wont let me delete thread, and i probably shouldn't anyway, but I realized this realistically has nothing to do with owncloud, lol, other then I recommend not using owncloud/webdav and using sftp via NetDrive Tongue, totally felt stupid when I realised that this has no bearing on if you have owncloud installed Smile cheers anway

Donut

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Owncloud and Kodi Harmony Via SFTP0