Still a problem with multipath sources
Hello everyone,

maybe some one can help me. When I switched from Gothom to Helix (using openelec) the function "update library" for movies and tv shows stopped working correctly.
I've got two sources for movies but only one gets updated. For tv shows i have one source with two directories but also only one of them gets scanned during update.
Since openelec 5.0.6 with kodi 14.2rc1 i thought such problems are adressed as http://kodi.tv/kodi-14-2-helix-release-candidate/ says Fix: Fix multipath source scanning.
But it seems that this doesn't work for me.

The directories that doesn't word are live tv recordings folder, for this reason I've posted this problem also in the pvr section some time ago but i didn't get any answers there.

Cheers Smile
I stand corrected, but Scanning the Video library scans all sources now, you can scan Movies with Kodi updating the TV shows as well. (Using Eminence skin)

If you still struggle, I suggest backing up the profile directory and reaming it while Kodi is down/off, start Kodi with a new profile and test again. It should eliminate any bugs from the Gotham to Helix move and provide a fresh outlook.

You will have to re-import the library.
Hi whoflungpoo,

thx for your answer. Maybe it's not clear what is not working. I try do explain it better:

My video sources setup:

>Movies1
->MovieDirectory1

>Movies2(PVR)
->MovieDirectory2(PVR_Directory)

>TV_Shows
->TvDirectory1
->TvDirectory2(PVR_Directory)

When I update the library:
>Movies1
->MovieDirectory1
>TV_Shows
->TvDirectory1
are scanned, but:
>Movies2(PVR)
>TV_Shows
are not scanned.

So if I've got new movies/episodes in:
>Movies2(PVR)
>TV_Shows
I have to browse there from the video->files menu and hit the info button on the new item after that it becomes a member of the library (but not automatically during an update).

Anyway I will try to whipe my profile directory and reimport it.

Cheers
what are the different settings for the difference sources? Eg are they all scanning recursively etc?

Id say there shouldn't be an issues unless the data presented in the sources cant be scraped. Maybe check the logs?

My setup is similar:

>Movies1
->Movies (Disk 1)

>TV_Shows
->Shows (Disk 1)
->Cartoons (Disk 2)

I suggest checking the logs, there could be errors. Then backup your profile and start a new one.

But personally, every major upgrade eg: Gotham -> Helix deserves a fresh start. I clean all the profiles and libraries and upgrade the addons from scratch. Minor upgrades eg: 14 -> 14.1 can be left alone.
I hope I will find some time this evening to test it out. I will report after that.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Still a problem with multipath sources0