Acer Revo RL85
(2015-09-02, 14:37)kilimanjaro Wrote: That feature was something HP did as an extra, and maybe used circuitry to acccomplish it. Unless specified this won't and it doesn't. As far as I know that is complety unique, no other unit (ever) to my knowledge has ever acheived this. I doubt it will do as you want.

there is wake on LAN though, how different is that?

Eh? Wake on USB is a pretty common thing for BIOSs to implement these days (and has been for a while). Certainly not unique to HP 260...
Hello
I know this thread has not been active for a few months, but i thought i could follow up on the missing SATA port?

Did anyone successfully changed the motherboard on the low-end RL85 to be able to plug the 3rd hard drive?
Did anyone try to replace the existing SSD with a bigger/faster one?

thanks a lot!
Hi,

I ordered a 3 sata replacement board from Germany (mk-electronic.de) but I'm afraid I can only see two drives in either the BIOS or Windows Sad

The board fits perfectly and I have a 120GB SSD in the middle slot, then a 1TB SATA in either of the hot swap bays. I assume there must be a RAID controller missing from the motherboard?
Have you tried to run the bios upgrade with all of the drives connected with the 3 sata port?

It may detect the third port and show it in the bios
(2016-01-01, 19:37)will878 Wrote: Have you tried to run the bios upgrade with all of the drives connected with the 3 sata port?

It may detect the third port and show it in the bios

Hi Will, thanks for the response but no joy I'm afraid. Bios updated with drives in all 3 slots but the bios still only shows AHCI Drive 0 and Drive 1 Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo RL850