v14 Kodi on Fire TV can not connect to QNAP-NAS via SMB
Hello ,
I do have a question regarding Kodi 14.1 on my Fire TV. I was running Gotham 13.2 for a long time on my Fire TV without any issues. My movies / tv shows are all located on a QNAP_NAS.From one day to another Gotham did not run anymore (got stuck on the Start screen). I´m sharing my video library (MySQL running on my NAS) with a Raspberry PI (Running Kodi 14.1) and a Notebook which is also running on Kodi 14.1.

All devices are using SMB to stream the video over the network. I had to update my Fire TV to the same version of Kodi to be able to share my video library but now i can not connect to my NAS anymore from my Fire TV.

If i copy the advancedsettings.xml file to the userdata folder Kodi will not start as it get no connection to my NAS. If i try to manually connect (Add Video/Search/WindowsNetWork(SMB)) i see all my devices in my workgroup and i also can select my NAS but then i can not select any folder in my NAS instead i get a "Connection Time Out" error.

I have no idea what to check anymore.

Kodi 14.1 on my Raspberry works fine. Full access to my NAS via SMB
Kodi 14.1 on my Notebook works also fine. Full acces to my NAS via SMB

To some reason it does not work from my Fire TV. Has someone experienced similar issues ?
Hello ,

Still struggling with my SMB connection from the Fire TV. The logfile show the reason but i still don´t know what goes wrong

18:25:54 T:1571561008 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://USERNAMETongueASSWORD@QNAP-NAS/Recordings/Filme' unix_err:'6e' error : 'Connection timed out'

The XML files (sources , password and advancedSettings) are the same as on my Raspberry and the Notebook but still they are not running on my Fire TV
Fixed it. To what reason ever my router blocked the SMB protocol to my NAS from the Fire TV. Had to reset the router which fixed the problem

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Fire TV can not connect to QNAP-NAS via SMB0