Android FireTV - Audio lags behind Video
Hi all,
Just got a FireTV (box, not stick) to replace my ATV2. On the FTV, I am seeing the audio lag just slightly behind the video. I do not see this on the AppleTV. I have confirmed audio settings are the same between both, same skin is used. Both are connected via HDMI to my TV. Any ideas what the issue could be?

Here are two clips to compare, note when he slams the pen into the table near the end:
Apple TV:
(deleted)

Fire TV:
(deleted)

I've watched this segment about 20 times on both platforms, as well as PC and my Nexus7 tablet with Kodi. Am I crazy or is there a definite lag on the FireTV? Any ideas how to resolve?
I had a lot of issues with this on firetv. It was sometimes just a milisecond other times a full 2-3 seconds off. So you could not even adjust it because it kept changing. Recently removed everything and started fresh with the newest version and so far so good, though it does get some very very small hitches randomly. But this is a much better issue. I am just setting up a chromebox now, done messing around with these other boxes that almost work but just dont cut it.
XBMC System:
Windows 7, E8400, 2GB Ram, 8800GTS, 12.3 “Frodo”, Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Gaming Rig:
Windows 7, i72600k, 8GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2 GB, 128GB SSD.
Did you try disabling MediaCodec (only leaving libstagefright enabled)?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-18, 00:30)hdmkv Wrote: Did you try disabling MediaCodec (only leaving libstagefright enabled)?

Thanks - I just tried that but it didn't seem to improve things. In any case, I just realized you can change a/v sync in either direction in the audio settings when file is playing. I've changed it by about 200ms and that seems to do the trick. I haven't watched enough movies yet to see if I'll need to apply this to all files or just certain ones.
i signed up for this exact issue. i have 2 fires both act identical to this even to the point where i have the .200 audio change made.

the video also glitches from time to time, i came from raspberry pi which never had this issue, but did have issues with 1080p dts movies.

is there ANYTHING we can provide to help fix this issue, otherwise these units are perfect

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV - Audio lags behind Video0