Android same video: somethimes smooth, sometimes stuttering
Hi,

in the last days I made the following notice on my himedia Q10ii by using kodi 15 alpha1 or SPMC 14.1:
When I try to watch h264-HD Video with the internal kodi-player (HW-acceleration: ON, mediacodec OR libstagefright: both is working good but the effect is the same) then I have mostly 100% smooth video and everything is fine.
Sometimes - mostly when I just started the player and after that kodi - the video stutters. When I made changes in the library before, it stutters like hell. After restarting kodi or waitng some minutes - everything is fine again.
It seems to be a problem with caching or with the priorization of CPU-tasks.

Is there an option to increase the priority of player-tasks or processes?

If I am using the Videoplayer from himedia instead of kodis DVDPlayer these problems never occur.

SaEt9000
no ideas ?

in between I tried to reinstall SPMC 14.1.
Direct after re-installation video was stuttering again - after restarting (next day :-) ) all video works fine.
After next database-actualisation video stutters again, after restart it works...

Is it all normal - and does this happen other devices as well? I have a himedia Q10ii . No other apps are running, when i start SPMC or kodi .

I dont understand what has the database-situation to do with video playback or the video acceleration?

SaEt9000

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
same video: somethimes smooth, sometimes stuttering0