Need help with fixed list movement
Hi guys, I am hoping someone can help me get this done. I am trying to make a clone of Kaleidescape and previously did pretty well about 8 months ago and then KODI erased my custom skin when I loaded it! That was the only copy I had. So now I am starting from scratch again. I am using Mim.ic skin to be original host and then changing it.

I need a couple of things. I need the gold frame to always be centered and just move the panel of movies left,right,up,down. I know that the fixed list thing allows orientation horizontal or vertical but, why not both? It makes no sense that you can see movies around it and no be able to navigate to it.

Also, how do I get the centered to be focused when this page loads? This is the "Wall" page from Mim.ic.

So, here is my screenshot of what I have:

Here is a video on youtube of how the menu should work. If someone wants to help that would be awesome!
https://youtu.be/WyimoHg-Ns8?t=49s
Not answering your questions at all, but perhaps saving you from repeating the same mistake again. What folder are you placing your custom skin in? If it is in the Kodi install directory, it will get overwritten every time you upgrade/reinstall the application. The skin should be in your userdata/addons folder, as this folder is not overwritten through upgrades.

See this wiki entry for folder location: http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
Ah! Big face palm here. I will check the folder to see if I have my old work there.
I just checked and it looks like my application data/XBMC folder got deleted or written as well. I no longer have xbmc in there, only Kodi.

I tried putting the folder into my userdata/addon_data becauase I don't have a userdata/addons folder. I didn't see any other skins in the userdata folder. All the skins that I download are in the normal addons folder. So why would my custom theme have gotten overwritten? KODI did not even see or recognize my skin in the userdata folder so I moved it back so I can work on it.

With this skin, I need/would like:

- Get rid of the "Go back" tile at the top left.
- Wrap movie tiles so that there is never ending movie tiles at the bottom if there is an uneven amount of movies to fill in the gaps.

To make a cool copy of Kaleidescape, and really copy, I would love

- On hover of a movie for the info to come up. (Which I can do)
- Move movie tiles around to sort by the genre of the selected movie and surround the focused movie tile with all movies same genre.

Is this all possible?
Is this project still alive? I'd love to get a Kaleidescape skin clone, hell, I'd pay for one if it was done well.
Bump did you ever figure out how to do this in the wall view? If so can you pm me the .xml I have a few ideas for something I am working on and this would be great to incorporate

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with fixed list movement0