OS X Unable to stream subtitles from Kodi to Samsung UE40ES6710
Hello,
I had a long break from any kind of video streaming (lovely twins appeared on this worldSmile
But now , I want to set my system up again.
I need to stream 1080p movies with subtitles to my Samsung UE40ES6710. Current source is Macbook air, and external hard drive.
I tried different options, but I can't get subtitles on my tv.
They are not burned in of course.
The subtitle's source is either external or a file located in the same folder as a movie file. No matter how I set it up, I can't get them on my tv. However, they are visible directly on my computer with no problems.

Another future problem is that I'm planning to make small DIY server box with linux distribution next month. Here the question is: what is the minimum CPU that I need in order to have enough power for streaming subtitles with the movie without hard core burning of the subtitles. Except XBMC the device would run some torrent client and use simple desktop environment, like LXDE or something similiar.

Have no idea how to stream it. Wht am I doing wrong?
Any help and advice would be very appreciated.
Which version did you try - iirc kodi nightlies should support subtitles over upnp - it depends a bit on your TV if it gets it right.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
My Samsung (H series) will only play .mkv files with subtitles, like you I'm using a Macbook Air, and networked hard drive (Seagate).
I can play other formats with subs using Plex and Plexbmc, but normally I convert first to .mkv to avoid problems.
I'm running the alpha build of Kodi15.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to stream subtitles from Kodi to Samsung UE40ES67100