Kodi 14.1 / 14.2 Freezes
I am having the same issue with Kodi 14.1, so I installed 14.2 with the hope that the issue would have been fixed by the upgrade, but the behaviour has not changed.

I am trying to watch videos - using Windows Vista32 SP2 (3GB RAM) but Kodi (14.2) is freezing every time I attempt to watch anything. I read some of the Kodi Windows Support forums which highlighted this issue as a SOUND CARD/DRIVER problem...I had the Realtek HD driver, so I uninstalled/deleted the Realtek drivers and the "c:\Program Files\Realtek" folder.

Now I have only the generic Microsoft High Definition Audio Device driver, but Kodi us still freezing. I do not have the "Supported Formats" tab. I checked my hardware vendor (Toshiba) and Intel for info on installing Intel MEI, but it doesn't look like this is supported for Intel Series 4 Mobile chipsets (or maybe just mine?)

I have the logs of "before" and "after," if this is helpful...I posted the last log at xbmclogs.com...

http://xbmclogs.com/pfcnx4kqs

Kodi HAS worked for me as lately as three days ago, but any success I have had has been very sporadic. On one attempt, I can watch a program - Next attempt, it freezes. Most attempts, it just freezes the first time I try...

Any help or advice for a confused n00b?
Looks like the add-on you are using:
plugin.video.genesis

Refer the forum rules, there is a sticky up the top of windows help forum

Other than that I'd seek help from the author
Or at least make sure this happens with a video we are allowed to talk about. Play something with the YouTube add-on, for example, and see if the issue happens there.
Thanks for the info - very new to XBMC, unaware I was doing anything unusual...apologies.

Tried a YouTube video - same results.

Posted log, but again, I am uncertain of how to interpret it...

http://xbmclogs.com/pxjpu66j1

Any help or advice greatly appreciated...
I have read through the Windows support docs on your site for information...but I am still stuck.

Tried to open an episode of "The Man Show" from PopcornFlix...had same problem, Still using Kodi 14.2

Video attempts to load, says "Working..." at bottom, then freezes and I have to use Task Manager to end the program.

Posted log here:

http://www.xbmclogs.com/phikiapnc

Again - any insight into what I can possibly do to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated...
I agree that your issue sounds like a problem with a video addon rather than Kodi. From experience, the addon you mentioned is very hit and miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Video addons in general often stop working when the content provider alters its website or API calls. You are at the mercy of the addons maintainer. You are far better off downloading and/or ripping your own content. You will be far less frustrated.

But, if you want help, I would suggest visiting the forum for the addon you are having problems with.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.1 / 14.2 Freezes0