Linux HDPVR 1212 Alternative
Guys, figured I'd post here, since I figure my question would find the right audience.

I've had my second hdpvr 1212 die on me today.

These things don't seem to like being left on 24/7...

I use it uner mythtv to capture component/spdif from a cablebox, worked fine, but it's annoying, this last one, which I bough used, lasted just 1 year.

Is there any alternative that's compatible with mythtv? internal preferred, would rather not take chances anymore...

ideas? wife's gonna be pissed.

thanks guys
Ask in the mythtv user mailing list.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
While I agree the Mythtv user mailing list would be a better forum for this question, my experience with the HDPVR 1212 and early death was actually due to the power adapter dying. I was able to find a compatible adapter in my large collection of old adapters and the actual unit still worked without a problem. A new adapter from Haupppague can also be bought from their store.

So, first test to see if the problem is the adapter. And as for an alternative type of unit, I haven't found one that fits my needs yet.
Bought a used hdmvr locally in "panic mode", tried the power brick on my other hdpvrs.

myth2003, you were right, it's the damn power brick.

Now I have 3 hdpvrs, need just one.

Might just order a couple bricks and either sell or gift them. Good to know, thanks for the idea.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDPVR 1212 Alternative0