Poll: How to save your video recordings?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I use a separate directory in which only video recordings are stored
37.50%
I use for video recording to the same directory as with all other movies
12.50%
I have no video recordings, but I want the setting source-based
50.00%
I have no video recordings, but I want the setting as global setting
0%
Total
8 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

New setting to ignore the Year in the folder / file name
Question 
Hello

at the request of one or other user from Ember I want to install an option that you can set whether the year is to be determined based on the folder or file name.
This applies to the initial reception of Ember DB if no NFO is available with the appropriate <year> node.

I think this is mainly for the interesting you want to edit your recordings on a regular basis, in which the recording software store the recording time in the folder or file name, for example die_hard_2015-03-19_rtl2.mkv.
In this file name Ember would now specify a 2015 year, which would result in the scraper first search is unsuccessful, since the film is indeed produced in 1988.

The question now is whether this setting is now to add as a global setting, or whether I am to create source-related. Would source-based mean that you have created a separate source for the recordings and want to have turned the detection off only for this source. The other option would apply to all sources.

I would be interested in it, therefore, if you generally use a separate folder for recording or whether her about it stores the independent films in the shared folders.
no offense to this community, but do people still do recordings?
Altough I have IPTV subcription with my ISP, I found that downloading torrent is more convenient and commercial-free.

As for the poll, I can't find a suitable option. something like:
I have no video recordings, and I don't care about it.

:-)
Lightbulb 
I use video recordings mainly from OTR and I would really appreciate an global option, because all my movies are stored in one folder.
Thanks for your effort Cool
if its an option that could easily be toggled on & off then I don't see why that would be an issue with anyone, so if you want to go ahead with it just do it man !
If you had another poll option for "I have no video recordings, and I'm not sure whether it should be global or sourced", then I would vote for that.
Thx mates, i've added a new setting for movie sources.
It will be available with next release. All existing sources will be updated to default value "Get Year = true".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New setting to ignore the Year in the folder / file name0