Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe does it work with Kodi?
So I LOVE using Kodi. Awhile ago I found the Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe online. It seemed pretty cool that I can watch TV on my computer and possibly even record shows to my computer. What I'm wondering is if I can use this and be able to watch live tv through Kodi?
I'm using an infitiTV 4 PCIe card with WMC and the ServerWMC addon. It works flawlessly, so I can only assume that the InfiniTV 6 will work just fine
Thanks for the answer. I'll have to see if I can find information about the addon. It would be nice to get rid of one of the fios receivers in our house. I read that InfiniTV works with WMC I just didn't know if I could use it with Kodi. It would be nice if I could build something in the future sometime that's kind of an all in one.
I have one other question. Have you ever recorded a show or movie with InfiniTV, If so how big are the files?
Something to be aware of:
how does your cable operator flag the content of non OTA (over the air like NBC, ABC...) channels? Mine, Time Warner Cable, flags everything as "COPY ONCE" which means that my cable card tuner is worthless in Kodi.

Check with your cable operator about what channels are flagged "COPY ONCE" and what channels are flagged "COPY FREELY".
Oh I didn't think of that. Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to see how I can look that up for Verizon fios.
Verizon FiOS is flagged as copy freely except for premium channels like HBO.
Talguy where did you find that information? I've looked at a bunch of places on Google and can't get a good answer. Also if the premium channels aren't labeled as copy freely does that mean I can't watch on my computer? I'm trying to get as much info as possible before I decide what motherboard to get for my htpc I want to build.
@Tatts4Life, I found it out based on other people posting their results of cable cards with FIOS. But here is a link http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r2904855...by-Channel.

as for Copy-Freely vs Copy-Once. If you record a show on HBO you will not be able to view it in KODI but could view it in WMC as Microsoft invested the money to decrypt the DRM. Also the flags affect on how you distribute Live TV across your network of Kodi devices. Copy-Freely broadcasters will allow you to serve Live TV to all your clients from one server I believe.

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_Control_Information
I just had to test it out so I did a sample recording from Showtime and the .wtv file played back fine from Kodi. A bit jittery as it progressed but I did the test from my laptop so I'll have to check on my main rig once I can.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe does it work with Kodi?0