Progress bar with commercial skip
Hi All,

I've recently started using comm skip to generate edl files and allow me to skip commercials without reencoding everything. However, I've noticed that often times the video progress bar will get out of sync with the actual video once it gets past the last commercial. Everything is good until the last jump, then the progress bar shows the video is finished when it may have well over 5 minutes left.

Anyone else seeing this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help
What is the number in the third column of the edl file? Try changing it to 3 if it isn't. If that fixes it you can make this permanent by editing comskip.ini and setting edl_skip_field to 3. I think I remember having issues with the default as well. This will also tell kodi to treat them as commercials and will allow you to skip back into the break in case the detection is off.
(2015-03-21, 05:09)sbthomas Wrote: What is the number in the third column of the edl file? Try changing it to 3 if it isn't. If that fixes it you can make this permanent by editing comskip.ini and setting edl_skip_field to 3. I think I remember having issues with the default as well. This will also tell kodi to treat them as commercials and will allow you to skip back into the break in case the detection is off.

I just found this the other day on the wiki as well. I ran comskip with the above setting last night. I'll see how things turn out today, but it looks like that should do it.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Progress bar with commercial skip0