Switched to OTA, sometimes unable to watch channels
I recently switched from cable (using an HDHomerunPrime) to over-the-air, as most of my viewing is streaming online aside from sports. I spent about 4 hours meticulously placing my antenna after I got my HDHR4-2US so that I could get all the channels in my area on WMC to be shared via serverWMC. Everything worked great. The next day everything seemed fine too, but trying to tune into ABC (channel 17.1) was impossible, from Kodi it would simply say that it couldn't play back the channel after spinning for 10 seconds. I've posted the server log below. I'm wondering if WMC just doesn't think the signal is strong enough. When I do a signal test, WMC shows 3-4 out of 6 bars. Unfortunately I can't tune into the channel itself from WMC as it's in a hyper-v virtual machine. I haven't tried setting up WMC on my laptop and viewing the channel yet, but I can do that this weekend sometime. Until then, here's the log file where I try to tune it and it fails, then try to tune another station and it works:

http://pastebin.com/Eyn4cVUE

Thanks!
I'd say your best bet is to try it on the laptop so you can test the channel with WMC. Have all channels stopped working or just certain ones? You could try monitoring the signal with the hdhr setup app. Only other thing I can think of is to make sure the source is correct in WMC for that channel. That is done under edit channels a, click the channel, then edit sources. Make sure it is pointed at the right tuner.
(2015-03-21, 05:23)sbthomas Wrote: I'd say your best bet is to try it on the laptop so you can test the channel with WMC. Have all channels stopped working or just certain ones? You could try monitoring the signal with the hdhr setup app. Only other thing I can think of is to make sure the source is correct in WMC for that channel. That is done under edit channels a, click the channel, then edit sources. Make sure it is pointed at the right tuner.

If you check the log in the first post, you can see that attempting to tune channel 17.1 fails. I am immediately then able to tune channel 20.1. I don't believe it's the signal, as I'm able to play the channel perfectly via mediabrowser (which connects to serverwmc, though from what I can tell from the serverwmc log, it calls via dlna and not WMC). Here's the log portion from the channel not working in XBMC, but working flawlessly from my cellphone using the mediabrowser android client.

http://pastebin.com/kVutedm2

I can also tell from the HDHR logs that it never actually tuned the channel when I tried to use XBMC, but I can see it tuning in the log when using my cell phone/mediabrowser.
It seems like WMC is really unhappy with this specific channel for some reason. Have you tried scheduling a recording on 17.1? See if WMC is able to record a show on the channel. This will take ServerWMC out of the equation as WMC does the recordings internally.

As a test, you could also try disabling DLNA for MediaBrowser. That option is on the Live TV tab. If you have the latest version of ServerWMC you should be able to just uncheck the MediaBrowser box. I expect you will get the same result as Kodi.

As a separate test, you can try unchecking the "Delete temporary Stream Files" on the debug tab. Once you uncheck the box, attempt to view the channel from Kodi. When if fails, copy the file or try to manually open it from Kodi or another machine. If it plays, then there is something funny going on with ServerWMC. You can upload the file to Krusty's share drive and we can take a look. If there is no data in the file, then I'd have to say it seems like a WMC issue.

Let us know how it goes :-)
I don't know if this applies, but it's something to try. I was getting intermittent failures when trying to watch Live TV channels. Some times they would tune in and other times they would fail. The problem was solved by modifying the XML file for ServerWMC and increasing the timeout from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. This is done by going to the debug tab in ServerWMC and clicking on the Edit Settings File button. This will open the XML file in notepad on my machine. Then search for the Timeout_WaitForTS_MS line. Change the 10000 to 15000 to increase the timeout from 10 to 15 seconds. Once I did this, no more problems. My tuner (Hauppauge 950 USB) was taking to long to tune in the channel. I could see in the logs that most channels took at least 9.x seconds to tune in. Increasing the delay solved the problem.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
The partial log you posted indicates WMC has 4 tuners configured for that channel, and ServerWMC will take the last one (to protect live streams being stolen by WMC which will take from #1). You mentioned you have a HDHR4-2US which I believe only has 2 tuners so at a guess it sounds like you have some old/stale tuners in WMC "source" settings for that channel?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switched to OTA, sometimes unable to watch channels0