Selling loaded XBMC/KODI boxes legal?
I understand you might be frustrated with the sternness of Martijn's replies, but it is fairly straight forward.

The group does actually approve modifications from time to time, but it is on a case by case basis. There's no way for us to know what people have in mind, and if that might cause an issue or any kind of damage/confusion for the brand (and thus the project itself).

For example, if someone installed a vanilla copy of Kodi, but all they changed was the default language for their market, that would probably be fine.

However, it's almost never that cut and dry, so we advise people to contact us and say what they plan on changing. We can't just say okay until we know what people are planning.

It's like letting a teenager paint the house. For some people that might sound like a no brainer, because the teenager is willing to do some house work. However, other people will want to make sure the teenager is going to paint it a certain color, and not paint a flaming skull, that is eating well endowed women, on the front door. That's why we can't just give open approval :)

(2015-07-01, 22:13)AusSam Wrote: Hi can you confirm something please.. I can see that you are saying that it is a violation of your trademark but I was looking at buying and selling the new Intel PC on a stick with Kodi auto launched via kodi launcher.

Please email the group at contact@kodi.tv with details. Some things might not even need any approval at all, like just auto launching a vanilla Kodi install. The other things will have to be approved by the XBMC Foundation's board of directors. Please be specific with what you have in mind.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Selling loaded XBMC/KODI boxes legal?0