Skip / Rew / FF / Etc On Recordings
Love the addon, thanks so much for all the hard work going into it.

I have a variety of systems in my home running Kodi, from a Fire TV, to a Mac Mini, to a Pi 2, to an OpenElec box -- With each box comes the different nuances in getting things to work.

One universal issue I seem to be having is being able to to step aheads or step backs in Kodi for recordings made using ServerWMC and the plugin. What I'd love to be able to do is skip ahead or back 30 seconds or 10 minutes with the L/R and U/D arrows, just like I can on files in my library.

This would be especially helpful when watching a recording I haven't removed ads from yet, or a recording in progress (an hourlong show, for example, that I started 15 minutes into the hour it's currently recording). This seems to not work at all with my current keymaps, and FF/Rewind seems to be pretty flaky, with the 8x often causing the entire playback to crash/stop and have to start over (8x also seems very lacking and not a true 8x fast forward, I'd like all these to go faster than they do currently).

Part of this may be user error as well, in the way I have Windows Media Center or ServerWMC set up, so please point me in the right direction or call me stupid if I am missing something.

The answer may also be that I have to manually configure each client differently via a remote or keymap xml depending on the hardware and remote I am using to control it.

Thanks for any help, and thanks again for the plugin and application.
Hi there,

I regularly us the up/down for 10 min skip and the right/left for 30 sec skip on recordings. It has done that by default on all my RPi boxes with openelec as well as a laptop running openelec. Seems like you might have messed something up in the config file. I don't use rw/ff so can't give any input on that.
Thanks for the reply. At least it gives me faith I can get this working.

I use the Plex profile in my Harmony remote which may be the reason. I'll have to try it with a keyboard controller and see if I get the same result. Playback of regular library items like movies and tv shows the skip works fine. Just not in anything in my recordings. Which I thought was odd. They seem to behave by their own rules when it comes to keys and movement through videos. Not sure why that is. I'll have to dig a bit further to see why my system treats playback of recordings differently than library items when it tries to control them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skip / Rew / FF / Etc On Recordings0