Wrong Music Thumb & Fanart
Ive had this problem for awhile now. Kodi and XBMC before, scans my music library and puts the same fanart pic and thumb pic for an artist it does not recognize by default?!

iMac , OS X 10.9.5, Time Capsule 2TB
AppleTV1 & 3, iPhone 6, iPad mini
XBMC Remote App
XBMC ATV1 Chrystalbuntu
Kodi OSX
Has no one else had this problem? !

iMac , OS X 10.9.5, Time Capsule 2TB
AppleTV1 & 3, iPhone 6, iPad mini
XBMC Remote App
XBMC ATV1 Chrystalbuntu
Kodi OSX
Nearly 3 years since original post (and no answer) and you still have the same issue? Moved to better location, and I will try to help you. What version of Kodi are you using?

Kodi will be trying to pick up art for each artist from what it thinks is the common folder for that artist. The layout of your music files and folders can cause the algorthim to find the wrong folder and hence the wrong art. I would need much more information to determine if that is the case for you, but it is very likely.

So more info please:
What version of Kodi?
Which artist in particular?
What is the folder layout that you use and where is all the music involving that artist located?
Do you have NFO files?
What image does it use?
Where is that art loacted?
Make sure you do not have a rouge fanart.jpg or folder.jpg that is in the ROOT of your music folder.  So if you had your files like most people:

C:\Music <------ check here for any rogue jpg files. 
------>Artist
------------>Album
Posted about this kinda issue way back in 2013...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=163814

Since then, there have been great improvements within Kodi regarding these issues (a lot of that is beacuse of DaveBlake, Helta, Scott967, etc).

I would say, if you truly want to fix your issue, there are 2 things you can do (which require a little bit of work on your part).

1. Download Artwork Beef (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886), and have it go through your Music and download all the art.
2. Download MediaElch Media Manager (you need the nightlies, which you have to donate to get), but the nightlies have fixed the Music settings (currently can't scrape with the free version). This will provide you with all the Artwork, NFO files etc, for your Music. Of course you can still run the free MediaElch, and see your Music Library, and you can manually download and adjust your Music to your hearts content, but that's a lot of work on your end.
@Powerhouse I have to disagree, to see the correct artist fanart and thumbs you don't need any extra addons and certainly no need for a media manager. These things are only needed if you want to use a skin that shows extra art like CDs and back covers etc., or some kind of artst slide show during playback. The problem will be related to where the OP has put local art, and can be sorted out with a little effort by him.

In fact if there is a problem then having addons and media manager make it even harder to diagnose and fix. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong Music Thumb & Fanart0