Linux [SOLVED]Kodi Official Repository and many others appear to be empty
I installed Kodi 14.1 on Arch Linux, everything seems to work, except for the repositories.
Kodi's official repo doesn't work at all: when I click on it, it doesn't display anything.
Is there a fix?
I already tried to end and start the session again, uninstall and reinstall the program, force refresh and check updates on the repo, but none of these things worked.
Welcome to forums.

The answer is at Add-on_manager#Empty_repository_list (wiki) or so it seems.

That failing a Debug Log may come in handy without it you wont get much help here.

Also 14.1 is already old news, so try getting a more up-to-date version or a release candidate for 14.2, for which you will have to go pester whoever is the AUR maintainer at archlinux to do, also as that is 100% 3rd party provided builds and technically the support is their responsibility.

* Pastebin full debug log
* Get a newer build and try
* Go pester AUR package maintainer
I can't find any newer version of Kodi on Arch Linux, I tried to install it from AUR, but it didn't change anything.
I followed all the intructions on the wiki, but nothing changes.

LOG: http://pastebin.com/1qurP1du
full debug logs in a pastebin only please, not inline
(2015-03-21, 15:16)uNiversal Wrote: full debug logs in a pastebin only please, not inline

Sorry, copied that in a pastebin...
Now all ou need is a FULL as in COMPLETE debug log not some cut off portion which doesn't show other important information to help debug this.

Lets try this again.
I believe this is what you asked (full kodi.log file obtained with debugging option activated since starting the program till closing it, opening the repos while using it) http://pastebin.com/YJHb7CSH
Technically what everyone is after is a full and clean debug log that just shows the problem being duplicated and nothing else (so we not sifting through tons of irrelevnat stuff and get a full picture of what logs telling us.)

And then you need to provide such a log from a clean as possible install state with no 3rd party skins or addons which you have 10 fold (and they can cause issues also so we remove that possibility also)

Here is my suggestion try to keep up and follow it closely.

1) stop kodi runnin, rename your entire userdata folder (this will force the default skin and not what you have now and also no 3rd party addons)
2) restart kodi
3) set debug logging on in kodi.
4) restark kodi
5) navigate into system > addons as soon as kodi starts, do not collect 200 dollars do not pass go!
6) grab full resulting log and pastebin it and grab said link and post it here.

No messing around no half logs no slacking on the steps thanks you so much for cooperation in advance.
I solved the problem.
Apparently my connection doesn't let me see some contents (I know this seems nonsense, but it's just the way it is...), including Facebook videos, some sites (can't connect to apple.com, for example), so I tried resetting my router and after that I could see the repositories.
I still don't know what's happening to my connection.
Glad you sorted it out.

But to find out things the only way to get ideas of what is going on is to look at all manners of logs.

It could be caused by a a mirror failure or it could be related to ISP issues or could be something else entirely, Both the issues I mentions can be verified by looking at modem logs/router logs and the applications logs.
If you lucky most issues can be solved with power cycling equipment and the first port of call in any good troubleshooters handbook.

Please full edit main post and mark as solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED]Kodi Official Repository and many others appear to be empty0