Solved ShutDown() function keymapping does not get processed
Hi all,

my motherboard seems to be unstable in regards to ACPI states (S{1,3}) and hibernation. Therefore I decided to disable all powermanagement options in my kernel configuration. Above all it boots the OS reasonably fast from a SSD which is another point why I'm not really dependent on sleep states.

I recognized a side effect in that scenario where I can't tell whether it is a bug or a feature. I'm using the git sources@cbb37f573fb49a3f088812cfa565c9b1108f1e5c

Amongst others my keymap.xml contains the following mapping:
Code:
<power>ShutDown()</power>

Pressing the power button should shutdown the box without further ado just as it does if I select the shutdown menu entry inside the "power menu" manually.
This works indeed as long as various powermanagement configuration options are enabled in the kernel config. But it does not when all powermanagement options are disabled. Then pressing the power button on the remote is like a "noop" operation - although selecting the menu entry works fine. Nevertheless the debug log recognizes the keypress and shows the mapping to the ShutDown() function.

Why does that happen?

Cheers
Post a Debug Log - after you have pressed this "power key".
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here you go: https://bpaste.net/show/c4a2d3c60da2
First try: XBMC.Shutdown() first

then make sure your polkit /systemd/ upower permissions are correct.

Shutdown from kodi's "shutdown" works?

And btw. Shutdown calls your set shutdown operation, can be powerdown or suspend or ignore -> see energy section.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-03-21, 16:22)fritsch Wrote: First try: XBMC.Shutdown() first

Done. Does not give any different result.

(2015-03-21, 16:22)fritsch Wrote: then make sure your polkit /systemd/ upower permissions are correct.

That's all set up properly.

(2015-03-21, 16:22)fritsch Wrote: Shutdown from kodi's "shutdown" works?

Yes.

(2015-03-21, 16:22)fritsch Wrote: And btw. Shutdown calls your set shutdown operation, can be powerdown or suspend or ignore -> see energy section.

I know. But since I disabled powermanagement on the kernel level, Kodi does not offer any alternatives as a selection (which makes sense of course).
then use PowerDown instead of Shutdown
PowerDown() seems to work. Shouldn't that function call be listed on the wiki pages?
you are welcome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ShutDown() function keymapping does not get processed0