Android Android TV - Freebox Mini 4K
(2015-05-07, 07:49)Koying Wrote: Strange issue. Apparently, the box is rendering on another framebuffer, which peeks through on the non-painted, transparent, area, i.e the black bars.

Apparently, the box is rendering on another framebuffer, which peeks through on the non-painted, transparent, area, i.e the black bars.

I suppose you are right but why only with HD files ? SD files with up/down or left/right black bars are not impacted.
I don't have these problems you are talking. I tried many files (with/without black bars) and it seems to be OK.

On the other hand, I have a lot of trouble with audio decoding, there are regularly some gaps in the sound (no effect on the video which looks good). The problem is here with and without passthrough audio.

When I hear the gap, the amp doesn't seem to loose the audio stream when passthrough is enabled.

I'm not quitely sure (needs more testing) but it's possible that the problem is not present when no subtitles are activated.

Did someone use the same configuration ?
Hi ! I'm french to and I have the same problem with my free mini 4k black bar with the addon LibreCine Huh
When I play video no black bar but this.
I have install the Mx Player external with smb Wrapper but with the Mx player the video can't run ?
I have a question it's probably the problem ?
I have an another android box M8 with kodi and I have install kodi in my Free mini 4k and run. Then I have copy th folder kodi of my M8 in usb key and paste in my Free mini 4k. I don't know if possible to copy kodi folder android box to another android box ?
But I don't problem with addons vstream because there are not black bar !
Please help me ? Thank's
Devil At this point I think it's important to point out that since the first big freebox update, Kodi isn't an issue anymore.

also MXplayer and VLC is probably the worst player ever, on android tv AND on android)
(2015-05-07, 07:49)Koying Wrote: Strange issue. Apparently, the box is rendering on another framebuffer, which peeks through on the non-painted, transparent, area, i.e the black bars.

(...)

It looks like the other players (I assume the system player, really) misses some de-initialisation, so that would be a firmware bug, not something we can fix in a generic way on our side.

If some can/want to build Kodi, they can remove the transparent part in main.java.in

I think your guess is correct, since that the "black bars" issue is not there after a fresh reboot, and only appears after you use some other apps (TV, media player, etc.). Anyway, I compiled a debug version of Kodi (15.2RC3) without the transparency and it's working flawlessly. If this apk is of interest to anybody else, please PM me.
No DTS or AC3 sound since the 2.0.3 update for me...with Kodi 16.1 or 17 alpha :'(
I confirm, AC3 and DTS passthrough are not working since the 2.0.3 update.
However AC3 and DTS passthrough are working with Archos.
So the problem could be with Kodi....
Hello to all the members. Thank you for this excellent forum.

I use Kodi with the freebox mini 4K and I cannot adjust the picture ratio and as well as the subtitles position. This is really weird. Is someone having the same issue? Is someone having an idea of resolving this issue?
I tried to re install Kodi but nothing works.
I also set up my favorites channels on the video add-ons shortcut but as soon I turn Kodi off they go away and are not longer there when I start Kodi again.

Please help. Thank you very much.
(2016-07-05, 11:47)romano1 Wrote: No DTS or AC3 sound since the 2.0.3 update for me...with Kodi 16.1 or 17 alpha :'(

Same pb here .

using archos media player and play store archos codec pack ,pass througt mode 1 , and hard decoding and that work great for me .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android TV - Freebox Mini 4K2